PDA

View Full Version : sabertooth controller and servo issues

d4vew557
06-16-2012, 12:17 PM
I've bought a 2x12rc controller for my bulldozer, now it seems that it can be programmed to some extent.

Now going forwards or backwards is fine but when turning its goes far to fast to the point the gearbox starts to slip.

Is there a way to limit this speed?

My next issue is with the screw drives, i have removed the potentiometer from the servos and replaced them with two 2.2k resistors but they just keep rotating at a fair speed. i have even tried swapping the configuration of the wiring to the resistors but no matter what the turn one way or another.

any suggestions would be appreciated

fhhhstix
06-16-2012, 01:15 PM
I am assuming you have the ESC in dual mode and not tank drive. In dual mode one channel makes both tracks drive forward or backward and the other channel is used to steer. In this mode the ESC will be very touchy and you will have to be light on the controls if you just push the steering full left or full right the tracks will go full speed in opposite directions for a 360 deg spin.

Now if you put the ESC in tank mode each track will be controlled by a separate channel and there is no mixing. This will make driving a lot smother but you just can't have the drive all on one stick.

As for the servo you are going to have to trim the servo to find its center and it is no different than centering a servo for steering. This is due to the fact that the two resistors are not perfectly matched so it is not sending a zeroed feedback back to the circuit board. You have to fine tune it with the radio but the benefit of replacing the pot with the resistors is you are getting a constant feedback.

Travis

d4vew557
06-16-2012, 02:25 PM
yes i am using the esc in dual mode. it's not really a problem just wondered if there was anyway to calm the spinning down a bit if not then i'll have to be a bit lighter on the controls.

As for the sevo i'll have to spend some time playing about with it. I need a new transmitter as the only one i have is a 2 channel so i think i'll get that first then try a sort it.

Cheers for the response though

Lil Giants
06-16-2012, 03:32 PM
For the steering, turn the EPA down to 50% on both sides of stick throw. It'll make the steering less sensitive.