PDA

View Full Version : I HATE Paint!!!!

dabears
07-24-2012, 07:50 PM
So i was working on getting the truck as much finished before Indy as i could until the final parts come in, and i decided to fix the scratch on the back, paint, the 5th wheel, the new light bar and some other things.... So i bought the same paint as i have when i did the fenders, shook the can for 5 min (it is metalic so wanted the flakes mixed good) and with the truck in another room i stated to to paint all the parts i needed to... It looked a little light in color but the paint came out good so i let it dry and took the parts to the truck :eek::eek::eek: Its a whole different shade, tint, color!!!!! :mad:
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b190/firepisser8104/Stretched/20120724_171657.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b190/firepisser8104/Stretched/20120724_171651.jpg

So i had to rush and get my oven cleaner and soak all the freshly painted parts, and scrub them with a toothbrush to get all the new paint off..... :mad::mad:

So now i have to go get more paint tomorrow and try it all over again!! This is why i Hate painting!!!:(
Thanks for listening to my rant!! :)

(thanks mods for moving to right topic! Sorry)

RCP57
07-24-2012, 08:01 PM
X2, Definately my least favorite part of the build!

Radio Control Trucker
07-24-2012, 09:02 PM
Definately NOT my favorite part of the build. I do suggest purchasing more paint than needed in the original purchase. It helps to keep the color and consistency the same, if applied properly. The paint can be from the same maker and same distributor, but if it's from a different lot it makes all the difference.

Just a thought... :)

- RCT

dabears
07-24-2012, 09:37 PM
I bought the truck pre painted and as I make more things I have to paint them... Have bought 3 other cans of this color with no issues till now :(

spudd
07-24-2012, 09:57 PM
I love to paint!!!!! But then im not all there

dabears
07-24-2012, 10:30 PM
I love to paint!!!!! But then im not all there

And thats why your doing the new paint job not me :D

glorydays24
07-24-2012, 11:48 PM
Aaron, even though i've never had this issue, I feel your pain.:(:( But if you want my honest opinion, if you paint the deck the same color, (same can), I think it looks good...But what do I know, I LIKE GREEN!!!;):eek::p:D:rolleyes:

Big John

dabears
07-25-2012, 12:13 AM
I was debating that. Just making the whole deck one color..

spudd
07-25-2012, 10:26 AM
I was thinkin the same as John. Oh now that's scary!!!lol

Supermario
07-25-2012, 06:59 PM
I'm not a big fan of painting either. That's why I bought the metallic edition kinghauler, the first thing I thought when I saw it was....cool, no painting required. I painted many static models in the past and what I find helps before shaking the can for 5 minutes is to fill the kitchen sink with hot tap water, let the can sit in the water for five or ten minutes, then shake before use.

glorydays24
07-26-2012, 12:27 AM
I was thinkin the same as John. Oh now that's scary!!!lol

LMAF!!!!:D:D:D

Big John

dabears
07-26-2012, 11:23 PM
Go figure I go to the only store I know of to get more paint and they are out....looks like I'll have to order online

spudd
07-27-2012, 09:57 AM
i have ran into that problem before when i was into farm toys.the only paint that was consistent on color that i found was plasti coat brand. i did the hot water in the sink idea years ago with it and boy dose it lay down nice and dries quicker also.

i use automotive base coat now so i dont run into that problem.i have sean some killer jobs with piss can but i sure cant do it.

ihbuilder
07-27-2012, 10:24 AM
i use automotive base coat now so i dont run into that problem.i have sean some killer jobs with piss can but i sure cant do it.

yep , once your use to mixing it yourself and useing a gun , It's hard as @#$% to use a ratle :eek: I painted my 1st with a rattle (9 cans for a lil cab :eek:) still not happy with it

dabears
07-27-2012, 11:57 AM
I'm using testors one cost laquer usually sprays nice.this one just came out the wrong color :(

I was debating buying a spray fun.. I have a 90gal standup compressor with water trap.. Usually just use the air tools off of it. I always get runs when I spray even rattle cans. My airbrush broke or I'd empty the can in a jar and spray with the airbrush..

spudd
07-27-2012, 12:06 PM
spray fun?????????????? lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!

spudd
07-27-2012, 12:11 PM
sorry but testors sucks.they never make one color match from another can
i think we may have to do a how to paint video and post it on here.
i'm not a pro but i have been doing it for 30 years.
not every one dose it the same way but if you get the basics and techniques you can learn to do some great work.

spudd
07-27-2012, 12:13 PM
yep , once your use to mixing it yourself and useing a gun , It's hard as @#$% to use a ratle :eek: I painted my 1st with a rattle (9 cans for a lil cab :eek:) still not happy with it

good greef stevie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:was it a full size truck?????????????:D

dabears
07-27-2012, 01:25 PM
spray fun?????????????? lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!
Lol gotta love auto correct on this phone...

sorry but testors sucks.they never make one color match from another can
i think we may have to do a how to paint video and post it on here.
i'm not a pro but i have been doing it for 30 years.
not every one dose it the same way but if you get the basics and techniques you can learn to do some great work.
I agree on the cans being all different!
The video idea is a good one! It goes beyond paint though, the prep work, how to sand smooth, base coats, primers etc...

good greef stevie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:was it a full size truck?????????????:D

Yikes! 9 cans? Is it the size of stepsides truck? :eek:

ihbuilder
07-27-2012, 01:39 PM
I did exaggerate on that a little :p I think 4 of them lil ##$%y testers . I swore they must of had just thinner in them :eek: and to think the HVLP was in the shop :eek::o mix a .5 pint and tack it and final coat it . you guys like the 2 stage stuff :rolleyes: I've been paintin single stage since the grasshopper was bigger then my foot . no time for clear coatin , truck must be on the rd on Monday :eek: but then , I never painted show stuff either (yet)

spudd
07-27-2012, 02:34 PM
I am kinda spoiled.. I have all material that requires hardener and that way if you mess up you can wet sand out your Boo Boo

You are right. Set up is a huge part of a great paint job

dabears
07-27-2012, 10:45 PM
Well i found 2 cans of the paint i needed today on my lunch break.. We'll see what happens lol