PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on bobcad24

scalelover
07-28-2012, 03:06 AM
As I discussed a bit in my other thread, I'm new to operating/programing but have been around mills and lathes for a while. I have experience running a bridgeport mill as well as some other manual mills and lathes. But Ive never run cnc setup or programming.

Anyway We have haas SL30 lathes and haas vf5 mills and I am taking a course on program/operating over a 6 week period. Its not a full class just basics and a sort of tune-up or refresher for my other operator. I was asked if I'd like to join in and of course I'm not going to turn down free training.

We use bobcad V24 for our programming and I've heard a lot of good things about it, I'm just wondering if there is any tips or pointers you guys may have for a newb... I know there is a newer version out but I'm just not looking to spill out 2k for it quite yet when what we have works good..

I'm also doing some self learning on vector which is what we use for prints etc etc if this makes any difference. I'd like to eventually take my ideas draw them them turn into print and write the codes for them, and run them through. I know I'm way off from this point, but time patience and learning will hopefully prevail.

Thanks for any tips input Etc that may helpme out.

--Dan