PDA

View Full Version : Our new 2013 Freightliner Fleet truck Coronado SD

REEVE2007
07-29-2012, 05:28 PM
Let me know what you guys think of this new body style good or bad. I'd like to know what people think of this style truck.

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/lawrenreeves/IMG_0812.jpg
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e326/lawrenreeves/IMG_0813.jpg

Thanks for looking!

doodlebug
07-29-2012, 06:29 PM
A friend of mine just finished building 2 of them as glider kit's.
I like the larger cab, KW's & Pete's make me clostraphobic. I have a CL Mack, The bigger cab is nice to have.

Cheer's, Neil.

REEVE2007
07-29-2012, 07:16 PM
I totally agree with that. That is one reason I like the Western Star...it has a huge cab you can run around in dang near. We just ordered 13 of these...one a month for the next 13 months. CARB ( California Air Resources Board ) has made laws ( who even thought they had the power to do so ) that are requiring you to get rid of your old trucks and buy newer ones or put clean air filters ( that only make them good for 2 more years and cost anywhere from $16,000 to $24,000 per unit )on them that in my opinion will just cause them problems. Good ol California

doodlebug
07-29-2012, 11:31 PM
I hope the emissioned engine's don't eat your lunch!
Carb? Blankety blankety blank!!!!
Yes I realize your situation, won't allow glider kit's.
I'm hoping to put a Western Star together I. 2014-15, if glider's are still legal?
Have to wait and see. Glad to see that you have lot's of work!
Cheer's, Neil.

REEVE2007
07-29-2012, 11:45 PM
Lets just hope the work doesn't dry up:confused:

I hope the emissioned engine's don't eat your lunch!
Carb? Blankety blankety blank!!!!
Yes I realize your situation, won't allow glider kit's.
I'm hoping to put a Western Star together I. 2014-15, if glider's are still legal?
Have to wait and see. Glad to see that you have lot's of work!
Cheer's, Neil.

dabears
07-30-2012, 01:47 AM
I think it looks kinda funny... Maybe cause it looks like an extended cab pickup the way the sleeper is set up, and narrow?? Other then that I like it

REEVE2007
07-30-2012, 08:39 AM
I agree...the cab looks distorted. To me it looks like the sleeper should have a hi rise. For the drivers the interior of the cab is spacious though. Lots of room to move around for comfort.

I think it looks kinda funny... Maybe cause it looks like an extended cab pickup the way the sleeper is set up, and narrow?? Other then that I like it

dabears
07-30-2012, 09:59 AM
I didnt notice till now, but i agree about it looking like the hi rise was chopped off.... at least its roomy inside for the driver. thats the only downfall to daycabs is the lack of room!!

doodlebug
07-30-2012, 11:30 PM
Lets just hope the work doesn't dry up:confused:

I'm hoping thing's keep getting better! November 6 will be a day to get over with, and see what the future will bring all of us!

The full size Coronado sleeper is roomy, spent 3 nites in one.
Cheer's, Neil.

aussietruckerguy
09-22-2012, 11:29 PM
they look great, we just got new KW's with a short wheelbase at work. I want my 2006 freightliner back after my holidays. No room for the driver, and the worst is the handing when towing a B double set. Fully loaded we go to 68 metric ton with 8 Plate spaces two high. Its ugly going down small roads with no paved verge.

REEVE2007
09-23-2012, 03:35 PM
Thank you sir...I am on the same page with you, not a big fan of the KW. We have a few and there is just no room in them once so ever. I also don't like the way the throttle is position in the truck,...always feels like you're having to hold your toe up. Wouldn't know anything about the B doubles but these trucks handle very well with the long piling we haul with them. Hopefully yo uget your wish;)

they look great, we just got new KW's with a short wheelbase at work. I want my 2006 freightliner back after my holidays. No room for the driver, and the worst is the handing when towing a B double set. Fully loaded we go to 68 metric ton with 8 Plate spaces two high. Its ugly going down small roads with no paved verge.

Tamiya Cowboy
09-26-2012, 09:53 PM
I kind of like the new cab I am not a fan of the goofy air box on the side but the rest looks pretty good and I like the length of the frame to nice looking strech.. AS for CARB FFFF'EM bunch of lib wackoos box up all them old trucks and send them to the mid west we have not let the Libs take over we can still run them..

REEVE2007
09-30-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm with ya buddy on all accounts.

I kind of like the new cab I am not a fan of the goofy air box on the side but the rest looks pretty good and I like the length of the frame to nice looking strech.. AS for CARB FFFF'EM bunch of lib wackoos box up all them old trucks and send them to the mid west we have not let the Libs take over we can still run them..

REEVE2007
09-30-2012, 01:25 PM
I do believe you are right

I don't think it would take too much work to turn a Knight Hauler into your new truck.

Chris

sandfarmer
10-15-2012, 11:36 PM
Guess I haven't seen one of those around here, must be another version of Coronado I've seen. I like everything except the headlight bezels with the sunken in lights. Seems like a funny line from the grill to the fender and sunken lights always make me think of how the w/t F-250's always had those instead of the nice smooth ones on a higher model. I've seen enough of your stuff on here to know you know what a good truck looks like so I imagine we're on the same page lol!