PDA

View Full Version : Motorized support legs operation

Supermario
07-30-2012, 08:20 PM
This is gonna sound stupid but , I've never seen motorized support legs operated from a remote before. Can someone please explain how the legs are operated ? Is it when your servo unlatches the 5th wheel, the legs run down and then vice versa when hooking up? I just got the tamiya kit and in the instructions it makes reference to joystick functions make legs go up and down.? How is that possible? With no connection to trailer?

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Mario

fhhhstix
07-30-2012, 09:04 PM
There is a slide plate attached to the bottom of the fifth wheel plate that is also attached to the servo for locking and unlocking the fifth wheel. The slide plate will stick out the back of the fifth wheel when it is unlocked. There is a slider on the bottom of the trailer connected to two micro switches and depending on how for it is pushed buy the slide plate on the fifth wheel will determine whether the legs go up or down.

For this to work the truck and trailer have to be in line, you can not back in from the side and operate the support legs.

Travis

Supermario
07-30-2012, 09:51 PM
Thanks Travis, I see the slide block your talking about in the manual. It all makes sense now. Thanks again.

fhhhstix
07-30-2012, 10:48 PM
Thanks Travis, I see the slide block your talking about in the manual. It all makes sense now. Thanks again.

No problem I am glad I could help.

Travis