PDA

View Full Version : House is ruined!!!

dabears
08-04-2012, 10:43 PM
While at work today got a call from the wife saying the upstairs kitchen was flooded.... Turned out lost half the roof, 4 inches of water in the kitchen doen the stairs walls etc.... emergency guys are here i have water on all three levels of the house and they are prob kicking us out to a hotel! Man this sucks. only good thing is both kitchens upstairs and downstairs, my sons room, daughters room, bathroom all will be rebuilt!!! OH this sucks!!!! I hate water at the moment... So much for working on the lights on the truck tonight (thankfully not damaged in the disaster) Which is what they are calling my house a disaster.. :(

civic83
08-04-2012, 11:10 PM
Oh wow that sucks dude! A couple years back our basement ( my hobby room ) flooded, I feel your pain!

dabears
08-04-2012, 11:19 PM
Had that fixed 2 years ago when I had new drain tileput in the entire basement cause it flooded every time it rained
I'm kinda glad it happened cause now I get 2 new kitchens and rooms!
Here's the start of the emergency clean up crew
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b190/firepisser8104/20120804_215949.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b190/firepisser8104/20120804_215933.jpg

pigeonfarmboy
08-05-2012, 01:48 AM
No good man! Suddenly the small hole in my kitchen ceiling doesn't seem like such a big deal!!

scalelover
08-05-2012, 02:41 AM
Wow that sucks big time, glad to hear that the family is ok and that your gear survived. At least all else is replaceable.

--Dan

Supermario
08-05-2012, 08:44 AM
Wow, I feel for you and your family Aaron. Glad nobody was hurt. Not the greatest way to start August eh? Back in June a major storm went through Thunder Bay Ont. the water sewage plant failed and a friend of mine ended up with 4ft of not rainwater but treatment plant raw sewage in his basement! :eek::eek: he can't return to his house, it's being torn down. So, be thankful it was just water.

Mario

Lil Giants
08-05-2012, 11:24 AM
Hopefully the insurance is quick to act & you get the major reno's done quickly and back in the house in short order! :)

dabears
08-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Yes they are acting at an ok pace i think. They have these huge dehumidifiers and fans running so its hot as ........ cause the windows have to stay closed... i hope i can at least turn the air on a little bit. Its like a nightmare with a blessing... I get to finally have a few room i had planed on remodeling, remodeled for me :) just sucks as to how it happend. Fans have to be on for 4 days to dry out the wood......... YIKES!! should be a fun week. IS it Indy yet so i can just go out of town and forget about it? LOL

dmess62
08-05-2012, 05:36 PM
Sorry to hear about the house, Glad to hear everyone is o.k.

dabears
08-05-2012, 10:11 PM
Its over 100* in the house with these giant fans and dehumidifiers on. And living with me are the wife and kids, wifes mom and her brother...... Lots of crabby hot people. they keep looking at me and i tell them to go outside and hose off... What do they want me to do about it??? I cant go any faster then the insurance co.... Maybe ill send them all off to the Hotel... but the funny thing is the basement is a cooler 80* and they wont go down there.. Tomorrow the clean up crews are suposed to come back and start demo in more rooms. the whole upstairs is being gutted due to the damage and 3 rooms down stairs too. SO my living room and dinning room looks like a campsite. Im just happy my room didnt get damage. I get my bed!!

dabears
08-07-2012, 03:41 PM
Insurance adjuster is saying little over $20k of damage as of now. We'll know more when a actually treat the walls down for rebuild. The while back half of my house is still closed off with industrial fans going to dry the wood. Hopefully tomorrow the fans come out. Then the Monday after Indy will start the rebuild :)

TRUCKMAKER
08-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Hi Aaron, sorry to hear about the house! I totally missed your post! Glad the family's good! Hopefully after all the stress and disruption you'll come out better off. I was watching that storm even before it got to you, thought it was going to miss us but it didn't, it dropped an F1 tornado about 4 miles east of us right after I told my dad I had to get off the phone because something weird was going on with the winds. Turns out the track of the part of the storm with the funnel in it went over our neighborhood.
Hang in there buddy it will be over eventually and you can walk around in your new rooms thinking how nice they are!

mack kid
08-07-2012, 05:35 PM
Holy )(#% that storm did lot of damage. Just Happy no one hurt. Hope your up and running soon. we got it bad on the south side too.

dabears
08-07-2012, 10:19 PM
Hi Aaron, sorry to hear about the house! I totally missed your post! Glad the family's good! Hopefully after all the stress and disruption you'll come out better off. I was watching that storm even before it got to you, thought it was going to miss us but it didn't, it dropped an F1 tornado about 4 miles east of us right after I told my dad I had to get off the phone because something weird was going on with the winds. Turns out the track of the part of the storm with the funnel in it went over our neighborhood.
Hang in there buddy it will be over eventually and you can walk around in your new rooms thinking how nice they are!
WOW talk about a close call for you!!! Yea im excited to get new rooms done, they were on the list of things to do myself but now i get to pay for them monthly after my rates go up instead of all at once :eek: :)

Holy )(#% that storm did lot of damage. Just Happy no one hurt. Hope your up and running soon. we got it bad on the south side too.

I was wondering how you weathered the storm, or how bad it hit you guys! Yikes! I was at work when it happened all the way up by Gurnee and up there we got like sprinkles for 10 mins and then the wife calls yelling the house is flooding. I just asked her what am i suposed to do over the phone?? lol she didnt get the humor in it at the time i guess but then again i didnt know how bad it was until an hour later she sent me pics of the ceiling that caved in, 3" of water in the upstairs kitchen etc... then i was like ok well call the insurance co..

Luckly turns out my good friend works for Belfor one of the stated largest rehab companies and he came over and made sure that the co the ins sent was doing things right.. which they were not so he told them to fix it and they did. As soon as their equipment comes out tomorrow his company is taking over for the rebuild!!! Finally a light a the tunnel! Ive known him for prob 8 years and knowhe will make sure the job gets done right and he's the one that goes between me and the ins, and is in charge of the workers!! :D YEA!! And his not only does his company work with my ins good, his wife is an agent with my ins co so she knows what they will and will not pay for and do for me. so the worst is over just have to deal with this caos for a few more weeks. and go figure my son starts school next week and he's parked out on the couch with his sister who is being a 4 year old pest!! :)

mack kid
08-08-2012, 09:20 AM
We had lot power out for two days. Some just coming on line yesterday. wind had trees trying to go 90 degree. a lot off roofs blown off. but no one hurt around here. man your lucky with your insurance/project connection. Sweet! piece of mind to know someone is looking out for you.

dabears
08-21-2012, 09:43 AM
The insurance people are being........... So we are still waiting for them. Roof had been repaired but still waiting to get the inside started and back to normal. It sucks

russisloud
08-21-2012, 02:58 PM
wow, that really dose suck!

uk trucker
08-25-2012, 12:23 PM
I've only seen the trail of devestation on a TV programme about Stephen Fry touring America, so I can't really begin to imagine what its like but hope it soon gets sorted. Sounds like you know the right people to atleast get a good job done of the repairs.

dabears
08-25-2012, 02:39 PM
Yea that I do. We're still waiting on the insurance to approve the repair bill..... Its only up to $23k I already payed the $1k deductible.... (which was some of my truck fund )

dabears
10-14-2012, 12:36 PM
About time!!!!! YAY well after all this time of being f'ed around by Allstate ( your in good hands my ***) they finally after being threatened to be reported to the national insurance group as well as a few full news reports on tv and papers ( oh yea i wrote a few up and sent them what i was going to submit) they finally cut some checks and work should start Tuesday!

TRUCKMAKER
10-14-2012, 03:33 PM
About time!!!!! YAY well after all this time of being f'ed around by Allstate ( your in good hands my ***) they finally after being threatened to be reported to the national insurance group as well as a few full news reports on tv and papers ( oh yea i wrote a few up and sent them what i was going to submit) they finally cut some checks and work should start Tuesday!

Its taken this long for them to get off their a$$?:eek::eek: I'd wait and let them pay for it and send your write up out anyway. Thats just ridiculous!!
Hope they get thing fixed soon with the weather changing.

dabears
10-14-2012, 07:46 PM
I know right! it's a bunch of BS. I've had 17 people handling my case now! It's been a total nightmare!

speedy8305
10-14-2012, 08:17 PM
Hope all goes well

plow jockey
10-14-2012, 08:25 PM
I know right! it's a bunch of BS. I've had 17 people handling my case now! It's been a total nightmare!

That is a shame!!! Thats why we buy insurance.A buddy of mine,his house burnt down earlier this summer.The fire chief called in an excavator to tear it down that nite,had major fire damage to the houses on either side of him.It was 97 days before he got his first check.The isurance companys reason for that time frame was they were investagating it for arson.He lost everything,plus 2 dogs and 1 cat and his house was leveled before the fire was totaly put out.There was nothing let to investagate,DUH!!!He called the insurance co and adjuster everyday and just got jerked around.Point is, they just want your premiums and dont want to pay out.After all they are in the bussiness of making money not giving it away.Just my 2 cents worth.

BRICKNICK
10-15-2012, 04:16 PM
Insurance is the biggest racket known to man. They collect that premium every month and god help you if your late, but when its there turn to dish out some money.....wish wish wish now just wait one minute her we need to acquire the facts about the incident and do a thoro investigation. Bull $hi+. That is one aspect of life that should definitely be government mandated and price regulated. So that way every day they are late with your check, they owe you interest and late fess etc.....I'm sorry they are screwing you around dabears...hopefully it works out in your favor in the end.

Supermario
10-15-2012, 07:57 PM

The system is set up that way. They throw as many hurdles in front of you as they can hoping you will give up. Insurance companies have paid big money to do surveys and actually calculate the ratio of people who give up VS the people who fight them tooth and nail......survey says....more people give up fighting so they pay out less. Until the numbers change and more fight than surrender, things ain't gonna change!:mad:

It's not right, why do you have to fight for something you pay for each and every month???

Mario

ihbuilder
10-15-2012, 09:21 PM
The system is set up that way. They throw as many hurdles in front of you as they can hoping you will give up. Insurance companies have paid big money to do surveys and actually calculate the ratio of people who give up VS the people who fight them tooth and nail......survey says....more people give up fighting so they pay out less. Until the numbers change and more fight than surrender, things ain't gonna change!:mad:

It's not right, why do you have to fight for something you pay for each and every month???

Mario

yep and your forced to pay it to :mad::mad::mad::mad:

thanks for the heads up on Allstatist . we're looking at changing since they started greesin us on auto . we got that taken care of now homeowners with a shop :eek::mad::mad:

dabears
10-15-2012, 09:44 PM
I dont recomend Allstate to anyone anymore!! contractors came today to re measure, i spent yesterday picking carpet and tiles and lights. Construction starts friday!! HAHA ill be at work then on the road to St louis!! :) I need the break!

dabears
11-28-2012, 12:23 AM
Ok little update. well big update. Finally can call the house done with the rebuild as they nailed the last bit of baseboard today! Heres what it all looked like back in Aug!!

Upstairs kitchen
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b190/firepisser8104/Storm%20Damage/DSCF6511.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b190/firepisser8104/Storm%20Damage/DSCF6521.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b190/firepisser8104/Storm%20Damage/DSCF6524.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b190/firepisser8104/Storm%20Damage/DSCF6525.jpg

The demo
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b190/firepisser8104/Storm%20Damage/20120804_215940.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b190/firepisser8104/Storm%20Damage/20120804_215945.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b190/firepisser8104/Storm%20Damage/DSCF6540.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b190/firepisser8104/Storm%20Damage/DSCF6553.jpg

Had 6 of these bad boys in the house for a week running 24/7!!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b190/firepisser8104/Storm%20Damage/DSCF6554.jpg

Heres the end result!
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b190/firepisser8104/Storm%20Damage/20121113_182029.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b190/firepisser8104/Storm%20Damage/20121113_182040.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b190/firepisser8104/Storm%20Damage/20121113_182233.jpg
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b190/firepisser8104/Storm%20Damage/20121113_182244.jpg

Lil Giants
11-28-2012, 01:24 AM
New ceiling, new flooring, new color... all of it looks Fantastic!

And all done before xmas too, that must be a releif?!

Overall, are you reasonably happy with your ins co?

Radio Control Trucker
11-28-2012, 01:49 AM
Looks like a decent job... I hope you like it. :)

I know that I had a cousin that worked in the management of Allstate when I was a kid. His mother thought so highly of them that she had Farmers Insurance!!! :eek: :eek: :D :D :D

- RCT

doodlebug
11-28-2012, 03:09 PM
Glad to hear, thing's are getting back to normal!
Cheer's, Neil.

Mama Sue
12-01-2012, 04:45 AM
Bet you are glad that things can get back to normal now. Looks good....

TRUCKMAKER
12-01-2012, 05:05 AM
Looks good Aaron, glad you got this settled finally. Did you get them to expand the model shop?:p:p:D:D

dabears
12-01-2012, 05:45 AM
Looks good Aaron, glad you got this settled finally. Did you get them to expand the model shop?:p:p:D:D

Haha I wish but I did expand into a second room lol. Eventually I have the entire basement! ;)