PDA

View Full Version : PayPal and E-CHECK'S

scalelover
08-05-2012, 04:48 PM
I can't stand that a site that is for instant transfer of money uses/accepts or even has E-CHECKS that take 10 days to clear.

Its very annoying, even more so when it's for a sale that I gave a deal on for paying right away because I could have used the money ASAP.

I had never received one before so after I saw hit my account I didn't think twice about packaging the parts and sending them out, I should have payed more attention because it showed up but only as pending funds not available funds. Now that I know it will take so much time for it to happen, I'll never accept one again without prior knowledge of knowing that's how payment is being sent.

Rant over.

--Dan

Radio Control Trucker
08-05-2012, 04:56 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you had such problems Dan. :eek:

I always read the fine-print on everything I do business on. You would be surprised how many times I've avoided bad situations just because I read the fine-print.

I agree, Pay-Pal is the best way to go for instant payment on-line. I trust to their service every time. :D

Good luck in the future.

- RCT :cool:

doodlebug
08-05-2012, 06:21 PM
I have the "Sqaure" for my I-Phone, take's 2-3 day's for deposit. But they charge more to punch the number in vs. swiping. 2.75% vs. ? for swiping, no monthly fee's.

Cheer's, Neil.

scalelover
08-05-2012, 07:12 PM
I have the "Sqaure" for my I-Phone, take's 2-3 day's for deposit. But they charge more to punch the number in vs. swiping. 2.75% vs. ? for swiping, no monthly fee's.

Cheer's, Neil.

I also have that reader, it's 2.75% swipe and 3.5% for manually entered cards and so far so good no problems using it or having issues getting paid. Their is one that does not charge for having to type in the numbers, but it has a high monthly fee charge. So to me it's not an even trade off, I'd rather pay an extra .75% over a monthly fee. But now that PayPal has their reader out I'll prob switch over to theirs depending on what the rates are set at

--Dan

doodlebug
08-05-2012, 11:19 PM
I also have that reader, it's 2.75% swipe and 3.5% for manually entered cards and so far so good no problems using it or having issues getting paid. Their is one that does not charge for having to type in the numbers, but it has a high monthly fee charge. So to me it's not an even trade off, I'd rather pay an extra .75% over a monthly fee. But now that PayPal has their reader out I'll prob switch over to theirs depending on what the rates are set at

--Dan

Please let me know how the pay pal reader work's out.
So far I'm happy with the Sqaure, Cheaper than the cellular based system that I had before.

Cheer's, Neil.