PDA

View Full Version : Batteries... Grr!

Mawler1
08-06-2012, 10:25 AM
I had my 1400 Mah Nicad battery die on me today... thought the MFU had died and was getting worried I'd be without it for awhile etc.... so I put my 2400 Mah battery in and it was right as rain, but for awhile there I was worried that I'd damaged something putting in my trailer light plug set...

moral of the story take things calmly and don't let little things turn into stress enemas...

and as I have ONE functional battery left - my 2000 Mah battery needs a new plug on it - I'm going to need to get new batteries soon...

that being said the 1400 Mah battery came with my old Tamiya Stadium Blitzer which I seem to recall I got for Christmas in 1998 so it had a long life powering the Stadium Blitzer, my Juggernaut 2 and my TXT-1 and now the Knight Hauler

dabears
08-06-2012, 01:17 PM
Thats a bummer about the battery! I would have been the same way and thought i messed something up!

Supermario
08-06-2012, 03:10 PM
There is a good thing learned in this though, I'm really impressed to hear you can get that kind of life out of a battery! How many charge cycles can you guess that battery went through in all that time?

Mawler1
08-06-2012, 08:37 PM
I don't know, but it had a good life, probably got the 1000 recharge cycles out of it

the frustrating thing is that Nicads are not readily made any more so I'm going to need a new battery charger as well as new batteries as Ni-Mh batteries need a specialized charger, as do Lipos...

but that's not a big problem

Supermario
08-06-2012, 10:46 PM
I hope the Ni-mh batteries are just as durable as the Ni cads . So far I'm very impressed with battery life.....at my first RC show a couple months ago , I ran on and off for 3 hrs. I have a 3000 ma Nimh Onyx . If I get a thousand cycles out of this battery, I'll be very happy.
Battery technology is so fast moving, I'm sure it won't be long and the latest and greatest will be obsolete soon and we will all need to buy a new batt & charger .:eek::eek:

Mario

dabears
08-06-2012, 11:09 PM
I have 2 of each and i like em both. 2000ma and 3300ma and get about the same run time 3 hours or so.. incredible with the lights and sound going and all!!

Radio Control Trucker
08-07-2012, 12:48 AM
If you need batteries :eek::eek:, go to:

www.batteryspace.com

I've bought from them several times and their products are super :cool:. The batteries I purchased in 2006 still hold a charge and run for over a half hour of run time each. I use about a dozen batteries shared between my four trucks. My dad usually takes one or two to play with his Black-Foot just to goof off in the back yard when I'm working with my 'babies'. :D:D:D

-RCT