PDA

View Full Version : A little help please

Diesel Demond
08-13-2012, 09:04 PM
I was just wondering what i could do with my stock lights to make them more secure . the fog lights were not working then i jiggled them and they work a blinker does same thing still sound just no light ontill i jiggle it :confused: thanx cory

ryman
08-13-2012, 09:42 PM
I use Permatex black silicone I get from the automotive store to hold my lights in place and secure the wires to the body and frame.

dabears
08-13-2012, 11:37 PM
cracked wire? i used hot glue on my front and rear bumper

Diesel Demond
08-14-2012, 07:27 PM
thanx guys. im gonna try the hot glue first just cause i have one, but im a rookie with it. then if that fails check out that silicone

dabears
08-14-2012, 08:20 PM
Hot glue is easy just remember to hold the light in place and blow the hot glue a little to cool it off or the light will move on you a bit.

Supermario
08-15-2012, 08:14 PM
I agree with dabears, sounds like a broken wire or broken solder right at the lights that are acting up? The fog lights stay in place well with the metal backing plate and yes I use the good old glue gun, all my trailer marker lights are plus the wires a couple inches from the light.

Diesel Demond
08-17-2012, 05:05 PM
welp after digging into it deeper even hot glue wouldnt work on my turn signal unless i pushed real hard. so since i dont have 3 hands(glue gun, push,hold wire)i cut wire skinned back rubber boot and resold the wires back on to pig tails for a forsure fix but pain in ***. the glue forsure helped on all other lights just this one was gone couldnt save her. because of this i now know how to solder (rookie pace) and hot glue gun a must in this hobby! thanx fellas

dabears
08-19-2012, 09:33 PM
Glad it helped you with the other lights at least!