PDA

View Full Version : 3 important motor swap questions

BRICKNICK
08-29-2012, 11:38 AM
Ok I'm swapping out my stock motor out of my king hauler for a 55t motor from rc4wd which I already orderd. My questions for you guys are this....
1. What happens if you keep the stock pinion gear on the 55t motor?

2. What pinion gear works best for scale speeds with the 55t motor?

3. What is the deal with the long and short lengths on the pinion gears and which one should I get?

Thanks for the info guys....Nick

BRICKNICK
08-30-2012, 04:20 PM
Anyone?? A lil help here guys...LOL

fhhhstix
08-30-2012, 05:22 PM
Ok I'm swapping out my stock motor out of my king hauler for a 55t motor from rc4wd which I already orderd. My questions for you guys are this....
1. What happens if you keep the stock pinion gear on the 55t motor?

2. What pinion gear works best for scale speeds with the 55t motor?

3. What is the deal with the long and short lengths on the pinion gears and which one should I get?

Thanks for the info guys....Nick

1. It will still be to fast to make the truck enjoyable to drive.

2. None really, at Indy we took the 6 tooth pinion and 55 turn motor out of Dabears truck and replaced it with a 4:1 gear reduction and stock pinion now he is a lot happier with the trucks speed.

3. The description is exactly what it says, one pinion is longer than the other and is made for special applications. If you are going this rout you will want the short pinion.

Travis

BRICKNICK
08-30-2012, 10:14 PM
1. It will still be to fast to make the truck enjoyable to drive.

2. None really, at Indy we took the 6 tooth pinion and 55 turn motor out of Dabears truck and replaced it with a 4:1 gear reduction and stock pinion now he is a lot happier with the trucks speed.

3. The description is exactly what it says, one pinion is longer than the other and is made for special applications. If you are going this rout you will want the short pinion.

Travis

Travis thanks for the info man, I really appreciate the help.