PDA

View Full Version : Central Plains Mini Truckers Club (the fall show)

PROBUILDER1964
09-18-2012, 12:51 AM
I told you guys that I would get the info for you....so here it is...
Heavy metal (Ed) said the show is from Oct 19,20,21...that Friday from 3:30pm-? ...Saturday 8:00am-?....and Sunday 8:00am -?
On Friday October the 19th at 3:30 pm ...Ed will close his shop and be open for fun... There will be food /drink and lots of scale truck and stuff running all over the place !
I will be there with cool stuff Ive built to show you all...and I cant wait to meet all of you....Be there or be square ! LOL

fhhhstix
09-18-2012, 08:25 PM
FYI Ed is heavy duty not heavy metal.;)

Travis

gun
09-18-2012, 08:36 PM
FYI Ed is heavy duty not heavy metal.;)

Travis

Flossin..........where did I get Munson ?

fhhhstix
09-18-2012, 09:01 PM
Flossin..........where did I get Munson ?

:eek::confused: I think you might want to lay of the sauce gun.

Travis

gun
09-19-2012, 08:43 PM
sorry i just watched king pin and couldnt help myself:D:D:D

heavy_duty
09-20-2012, 09:11 PM
Hello everyone,no updates yet from LaQuinta .The manager name is Ty and he is too busy to return my calls.So I am going up there tomorrow to have a face to face conversation with him.So hopefully I get a great rate or I get ARRESTED.LOL

Ed

PROBUILDER1964
09-21-2012, 01:07 AM
Sorry Ed....I keep calling you heavy metal...and not the correct name heavy duty ! I guess i just keep thinking of my favorite movie....Heavy metal ? Its a brain fart I guess ? LOL

Lil Giants
09-21-2012, 01:36 AM
Be sure to post here if you need bail? :D

heavy_duty
09-21-2012, 01:17 PM
PROMO CODE for La Quinta hotel in Hazelwood MO.Hello everyone,I spoke with the manager Ty.He gave us a discount code for our event.Ed – We really appreciate your business and look forward to having your group stay with us. Your confirmation numbers are as follows…

If you have any additional questions please feel free to respond back to this email. Have a great weekend!

It is central plains.The rate is gonna be $64.78.You must reserve your room by Oct.8.The phone numder is 314 731 4200.Remember to reserve your room by Oct 8.

Ed

Lil Giants
09-22-2012, 11:22 PM
Done deal! Thanx for your leg work Ed. :cool:

woodhog
09-23-2012, 11:02 AM
Got mine booked also thanks Ed

fhhhstix
09-23-2012, 08:33 PM
I tried but when I called they had no idea of what I was talking about and the numbers weren't any good.:(

Travis

woodhog
09-23-2012, 10:14 PM
i had already booked mine but after ed got the group rate i called back and got the new rate. I told them i was with central plains and they fixed me rite up.

Lil Giants
09-23-2012, 11:43 PM
The promo code worked for me, I mentioned Ed by name, that Ed said it up with Ty the manager and the dates for the wkend, then the receptionist quoted "is this the Central Plains meet?".. so at least that particular receptionist was aware of it.

ihbuilder
09-25-2012, 07:37 PM
;):)

Lil Giants
10-01-2012, 08:31 PM
I got a call from a local friend today.. he asked me if I was interested in running a track hoe for a month this Fall?

HE77 YA!!! :D :D :D :D :D

I'd be burying some rock piles, dig some dugouts and do some DEMOLITION!!! His hire hand moved in a brand new RTM and wants the old house GONE! WHAT FUN THAT WILL BE??!!! :D :D :D

I told him before hand of my vacation dates, BUT DEMOLITION MAN!!! :D :D :D :D :D

He hasn't booked anything yet, freeze up could be the end of October. It's a 200hr use minimum charge, so gotta make use of it. That'd be about two weeks solid of 16hr days.

I really appreciate you Ed catering to my schedule to have this show, but... :confused: :o

If I bail on the show I'll have a nice surprise for you to make up for your generosity. ;)

doodlebug
10-01-2012, 10:45 PM
I got a call from a local friend today.. he asked me if I was interested in running a track hoe for a month this Fall?

HE77 YA!!! :D :D :D :D :D

I'd be burying some rock piles, dig some dugouts and do some DEMOLITION!!! His hire hand moved in a brand new RTM and wants the old house GONE! WHAT FUN THAT WILL BE??!!! :D :D :D

I told him before hand of my vacation dates, BUT DEMOLITION MAN!!! :D :D :D :D :D

He hasn't booked anything yet, freeze up could be the end of October. It's a 200hr use minimum charge, so gotta make use of it. That'd be about two weeks solid of 16hr days.

I really appreciate you Ed catering to my schedule to have this show, but... :confused: :o

If I bail on the show I'll have a nice surprise for you to make up for your generosity. ;)

Hey Joe, are you sure you can handle the extra 23' of reach:D:D:D LOL! Have fun! Cheer's, Neil.

woodhog
10-02-2012, 08:51 PM
Hey Joe,was looking forward to meeting you but work hard then play harder:DI was raised on the family farm and we never done anything but work.Not that there is anything wrong with that other than life is too short to not enjoy some time off.I would work too if i was you cause yall have alot more winter than we do.enjoy yourself

ihbuilder
10-03-2012, 12:20 PM
"If I bail on the show"

WHAT!!!! :confused: you can demo when it's cold :rolleyes: pull it down into a nice pile and lite it , be plenty of heat right there ;) . Oh well have fun :D maybe see you at cabin fever again ?

rockNmayhem
10-03-2012, 03:12 PM
Well I have my reservations made for friday and saturday night so now I'm ready to go. I hope to see you all there, and hope Joe can make it as well.

Tyler

Lil Giants
10-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Very kind of you to say Chris, thank you. :cool: It's always a pleasure to meet ppl in the hobby in person that I have been communicating with through forums for yrs. That's an opportunity that rarely happens as well for me.

I was thinking yesterday that too Steve, ask my buddy to save the demolition till last.. and it could very well be the plan so there's a chance of snow on the ground to throw a match on it and then close in the hole.

As the dates draw closer my heart rate increases, not so much for the show itself, but rather leaving the tranquility of my rural setting & venturing into the densely populated USA.. all that traffic makes me claustrophobic.. I might be looking for your house Nate @4am. :D

Cheers Tyler. :)

sandfarmer
10-03-2012, 11:47 PM
I'd love to use this as an opportunity to introduce myself in person but I'm pretty sure I'll be heavy into soybean harvest by then. Weather would be the only thing that could make it work out for me I'd say. Looking at it on the map it's pretty close to another "has been" hang out for me in that area... SMAC Track. Should haul a trailer load of racing R/C stuff to the track that weekend and see if I could get rid of it LOL! It would help get me into the scale side of the hobby....

pigeonfarmboy
10-09-2012, 11:55 PM
I live in a quiet little town you can rest up in!

Very kind of you to say Chris, thank you. :cool: It's always a pleasure to meet ppl in the hobby in person that I have been communicating with through forums for yrs. That's an opportunity that rarely happens as well for me.

I was thinking yesterday that too Steve, ask my buddy to save the demolition till last.. and it could very well be the plan so there's a chance of snow on the ground to throw a match on it and then close in the hole.

As the dates draw closer my heart rate increases, not so much for the show itself, but rather leaving the tranquility of my rural setting & venturing into the densely populated USA.. all that traffic makes me claustrophobic.. I might be looking for your house Nate @4am. :D

Cheers Tyler. :)