PDA

View Full Version : I hate this time of year !!

Supermario
10-09-2012, 09:26 PM
The fall season is nice in my neck of the woods with all the maple trees in spectacular color but the sad thing.... It means winter is coming and outdoor trucking is over. With highs of 32 and leaves on the ground 3 inches thick, it's time to bring the rigs in the house.:(:(.
Not only that but after all the fun I had this summer working in the garage on my rig , how I just got my workspace and trucks area working good....and now it ends. I got no heat in my garage ( guess I should have installed a furnace instead of work on the trucks all summer eh? :o ) Now I'm back to working in the house on the kitchen table again:( .
Some of you may be wondering, what's the big deal ?..... Happens every year.
Well this is my first seasonal cycle. I bought and built my first truck last January. This is my first time having to put the toys away so to speak. Sure I can drive in the house but.... After the Clifford show and the Indy show.....it just ain't the same!
I'm sure there's lots of guys out there feeling my pain...... Let's start a group to deal with the winter blahs .... We can call it..." The RC snowbelt support group " lol

BTW... Next summer project.... Install the furnace in the garage!!!:eek:

Mario.

ihbuilder
10-09-2012, 10:12 PM
get your self a lil tubo heater ;)

dabears
10-09-2012, 10:18 PM
Just drive to my house i have a 1000 sqft finished basement with heat and almost nothing on the floor which means i have the room to turn my long trailers around have a "highway" could build a dig area with rubber (in the works) and my workshop is in the basement so you drive your truck right to the shop door and up the the bench for repairs or adjustments. :) guess i have it pretty good rain or shine...... More then welcome to come on down... :) :pits only 500 miles you said right??? :p

Supermario
10-09-2012, 10:31 PM
Just drive to my house i have a 1000 sqft finished basement with heat and almost nothing on the floor which means i have the room to turn my long trailers around have a "highway" could build a dig area with rubber (in the works) and my workshop is in the basement so you drive your truck right to the shop door and up the the bench for repairs or adjustments. :) guess i have it pretty good rain or shine...... More then welcome to come on down... :) :pits only 500 miles you said right??? :p

I'm thinking a bears game and a visit to Chicago is in my future.:D:D

dabears
10-10-2012, 12:56 AM
Now your talking!

Radio Control Trucker
10-10-2012, 01:00 AM
You know those of us in the So-Cal desert have it hard :p:p:p Summertime we have to hide from the heat of over 100 degrees, but in the autumn, winter, and spring we have to endure the 'freezing' temperatures of 65 and 70 degrees :eek::eek:

- RCT

dabears
10-10-2012, 09:54 AM
You know those of us in the So-Cal desert have it hard :p:p:p Summertime we have to hide from the heat of over 100 degrees, but in the autumn, winter, and spring we have to endure the 'freezing' temperatures of 65 and 70 degrees :eek::eek:

- RCT

I miss that weather!

Supermario
10-10-2012, 04:28 PM

- RCT

Yeah but..... We don't get tsunami ' s , the water is frozen! And we don't get earthquakes.....the ground is frozen solid too ! Lol. Jk

Radio Control Trucker
10-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Ahhh… Tornado’s, hurricane’s, and blizzard’s; just thinking about the good times when I used to drive back-east :eek::eek:

Man, do I miss those days :p:p:p

- RCT

Supermario
10-10-2012, 05:37 PM
Ahhh… Tornado’s, hurricane’s, and blizzard’s; just thinking about the good times when I used to drive back-east :eek::eek:

Man, do I miss those days :p:p:p

- RCT

Lol ..... Good point ;)

Mario

1985 kenworth
10-11-2012, 01:11 AM
hey mario i feel your pain .i go into withdrawal..in fact i have convinced the security guards at my wifes work to let me go in the underground parking garage sometimes especially if barb is working overtime on the weekends and run my trucks .didn't know they sit and watch them on the moniters.it would be great to have a place we big guys can go to during the winter months and run..i believe the next house and property we buy will have more land and a huge garage for big zeus and little zeus and his friends:p:p:p:p...heat and food...i would never leave the place:D

Radio Control Trucker
10-11-2012, 04:43 AM
I'm just having fun with you guys/gals :) Here in So-Cal, we have to endure the weather too :( From June to September we have 110 to 115 degree days and then from October to February we have to watch for rain storms, followed by what's called "Santa Ana Wind's"- gusting winds that can reach speeds ranging from 80 to 130 mph :eek::eek::eek:

I really feel the pain, just in other ways :cool:

- RCT