PDA

View Full Version : The stars are gone?

Espeefan
10-12-2012, 01:07 AM
Hmm, just noticed this tonight. What happened to the stars and ratings for threads? I was reading some great threads that I was sure had 5 star ratings, the last time I visited.

fhhhstix
10-12-2012, 05:42 PM
Hmm, just noticed this tonight. What happened to the stars and ratings for threads? I was reading some great threads that I was sure had 5 star ratings, the last time I visited.

They are still used and are turned on in the system but we made some changes and it takes 10 or more votes before it will show. By doing this it will give us a better average for the rating instead of one five star rating and a one star averaged to a 3 star rating. This helps eliminate the childish behavior of giving a one star just to bring the rating down. Now if it is truly worthy of a high star rank that one childish vote wont have as much weight in the average.:cool:

Travis

1985 kenworth
10-12-2012, 11:09 PM
that makes sense travis:)

Claus
10-13-2012, 09:28 AM
I have voted on threads many times, maybe this isn't right but I always either voted 5 stars or did not vote. What is the point is giving a low vote, if you don't like somebody's build no reason to degrade it, just move on.

Espeefan
10-13-2012, 10:37 AM
I have to agree with you, Craig. If you are voting stars, it's worth 5 stars or nothing, in my mind. 1 star can be pretty darn harsh. Worse then no stars at all.

Tamiya Cowboy
10-14-2012, 03:15 PM
This will work a lot better then on other boards that game is played all the time and it is very childish for sure.. But Nate and Craig are right whats the point of voting less then 5 stars it just beats people up and not everyone has the same level of skill or the tools to do it to that level..