PDA

View Full Version : Driveshaft woes

sandfarmer
10-15-2012, 12:00 AM
The custom length knight hauler I have popped a yoke due to what I believe was a glitch when my battery got low? (Does this sound logical or correct, I know it wasn't anything I did, it did it on it's own) The shaft is about 10mm longer than the longest punisher rc4wd makes which is what I wanted.

Can someone link me to a place with all the supplies needed to build custom shafts? I have nice metal yokes on the tranny and rear end but the shaft itself appears to have been an aluminum tube with plastic pieces in the end of it. Needs all metal the way I see it.:cool:

Thanks for the help guys, hate to seem so needy but I just have to get my bookmark file built up with the necessary connections to maintain my mini fleet lol!

ihbuilder
10-15-2012, 12:55 AM
pretty much all the info you need will be in this section ( RC Tech section ) of the forum . Spend some time reading , there's a lot of good info . I believe drive shafts are covered very well .

sandfarmer
10-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Thanks for the move, I see a good thread on how to make one out of Stampede plastic shafts, must be how mine was done as I'm looking at almost the same exact shaft lying on my desk here LOL! Only difference is mine has metal yokes that attach to the tranny and rear end. I bet I can come up with something in my box of Traxxas basher parts....