PDA

View Full Version : My steel truck

Goose19
10-21-2012, 12:26 PM
hey guys, this is my new month old job. pretty jammy work really, would be better if U.S. Steel would get shipping again, but the time at home has progressed my build alot! lol this setup is good for about 50 ton on the deck.

73,000lb coil unloading at the cold roll line. from here they typically get galvanized.

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd408/goose_19/2012-10-04094607.jpg

also get to drag lumber around,

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd408/goose_19/2012-10-05133643.jpg

thanks for looking!

1985 kenworth
10-21-2012, 01:46 PM
hey allen whatever gives you more time for hobbies:D:D works great...nice long cornfield cadillac you got there ,whats in it for power:)

Goose19
10-21-2012, 02:01 PM
hey allen whatever gives you more time for hobbies:D:D works great...nice long cornfield cadillac you got there ,whats in it for power:)

not enough! lol
has an isx cummins, set @ 480 or something. i have one of the better pulling ones as it was rebuilt, but i could sure use a few more ponies under there.

needless to say, i get passed alot :D

Supermario
10-21-2012, 02:49 PM
Allen, where you loading those coils? Man oh man, that place looks a lot cleaner and newer than the ESSAR steel plant here in the Sault.! That place is dirty and black as night inside:eek: I don't know how the guys can see anything when backing in!.... I think they do it by feel, not by sight:eek: lol

Ya, the steel ain't moving....there are coils in the yard as far as the eye can see! That reminds me.... I gotta get some pics, never seen that much steel on the property!
Mario

Goose19
10-21-2012, 02:57 PM
Allen, where you loading those coils? Man oh man, that place looks a lot cleaner and newer than the ESSAR steel plant here in the Sault.! That place is dirty and black as night inside:eek: I don't know how the guys can see anything when backing in!.... I think they do it by feel, not by sight:eek: lol

Ya, the steel ain't moving....there are coils in the yard as far as the eye can see! That reminds me.... I gotta get some pics, never seen that much steel on the property!
Mario

that is U.S.Steel in hamilton (used to be Stelco). now the u.s.s. runs it there are vac trucks and other "contractors" in the way to clean and mantain the facility whereas before it was all done in house, hence the "cleanliness" levels lol.

i pick up alot of essar/algoma steel at another warehouse in Hamilton too, and deliver it to mississauga. comes from the sault to hamilton by rail, then we move it 40 miles by truck. :confused::confused::confused: