PDA

View Full Version : Nifty things required for first truck.

hougie
10-21-2012, 04:47 PM
Hi guys, I will be picking up my first truck tomorrow. I've been doing some research from this site and google and havce a few questions. First thing is i'm thinking about buying a spektrum dx6 as a radio but tamiya says there stuff doesn't work with digital trim, Can i still use dx6? Do i need to buy a reciever too? If so whats the recommendation? What's a good 7.2v battery? and lastly the ESC. It says if i buy the tamiya mfu i don't need a seperate ESC but i'm not sure if i can afford it and the all the other stuff at one go. Can anyone chime in to lend a hand. Oh, by the way i'm picking up a knight hauler as it's the only truck in stock in my province.

Marc

Tamiya Cowboy
10-21-2012, 07:06 PM
You can run the DX on the MFU it just takes some real special tuning I myself dont like the Dx6 I would go with the RDS800 myself. On batteries I would skip the 6 cell stick pack and go right to 7.4 lipo if you can and for a esc a Castle Sidewinder but if you go with a mfu you dont need the esc it has one.. But if you go to lipo you will need a battery cut off to hook to the lipo they are 20 bucks..

hougie
10-21-2012, 08:57 PM
Ok, i found the radio and from what i read there a really good radio. Thanks for the advice on that one. As for the battery, Is there any specific recommondation for the lipo? There's so many different ones and different mah. I decided to get the mfu instead of an esc, Just because i don't want to get the esc and turn around and spend another 350 on the mfu, Misewell just bit the bullet and get the mfu off the bat. Really appreciate you pointing me in the right direction.