PDA

View Full Version : Wedico 966G Problems

Dieselholic
10-24-2012, 01:07 PM
Okay, I have my 966G torn apart. I need to figure out why all of the hydraulic fluid leaked out of the reservoir. While I have it apart I noticed that there are a few pinched hydraulic lines and one o-ring on the tilt hydraulic that looks like it might need to be replaced. Here are the pictures. You can see the one pinched right on top of the hydraulic reservoir, and the one right under the cab that is pinched against some metal. Should I replace these lines?

doodlebug
10-24-2012, 01:40 PM
Definately replace the oring, will the lines unkink? Will cutting the kink's out help with routing? (making them shorter)

Cheer's, Neil.

Dieselholic
10-24-2012, 01:50 PM
The one on top of the reservoir I could cut shorter, but the one in the articulation point of the loader I can't cut shorter. That one is kinked because all of the hoses packed into that one area.

Why would the hydraulic tank leak everything out though? I suppose I'll have to pull that thing out to check for cracks or something?

MoRockN
10-24-2012, 03:18 PM
The Kinked one on top of the tank is not an issue, that O ring though, the fitting must have been too tight and kinked it, if that's the case, and if you were running it and didnt notice it, with 175psi it will empty out your tank FAST. I had the same problem on one of my roll Off hydraulics, a small O ring was pinched and I was losing almost a half tank when it's on. The other thing to check out is make sure your tank and pump are seated nice and tight, there is a large O ring between them, it would be hard to pinch that one but just in case it has moved. They're just a twist and a pull from being apart, push the tank all the way until it touches the pump wall. The line that is kinked in the middle must have happened when the final assembly took place, You have To HAVE TO HAVE slack in those, it was simply pulled too tight when the valve block and pump was installed, then you try to squeeze the giant speed controler and dual e-switch and they can pull the lines tight. So a kinked line with no oil going through it + a pinched O ring ( oil has to go somewhere when the pump is on and running ) will escape from the under the fitting = EMPTY tank. I hope this helps.
Ayoub

Dieselholic
10-24-2012, 03:39 PM
Well this thing doesn't have more than 15 minutes of run time. Otherwise it's just been sitting for 5 years or more. So I'm guessing it's the o-ring between the pump and tank since it looks like most of the oil came out the belly pan under the pump/tank

MoRockN
10-24-2012, 03:50 PM
That'll do it. if it just sat there and had all the time in the world to leak out :)

Dieselholic
10-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Well maybe I'll just fill it back up, see if i can get some of the kinks out of the lines, replace that o-ring and see what happens. If it leaks back out again, then I'll check the o-ring between the pump and tank.

Lil Giants
10-24-2012, 04:12 PM
It's quite a snug fit, the reservior to the pump and the tank could 2 or 3 mm from the pump wall & still have a sealed union.. although if the o ring was nicked when installing tank, it might drip. A smear of white lithium grease works a little better than oil when sliding metal parts over o rings. Also be sure there's no nicks/burs on tank lip.

The kinked hose on tank, cut it out & re install. The tank needs to breathe!

I was trying to decipher where the two hoses from the tank went, but they disappear to the back.. are both hoses open?

The damage o ring on the cylinder would drain that 30ml tank in short order.

titandigs
12-09-2012, 01:02 AM
On the top of the tank both hoses are breathers