PDA

View Full Version : ScaleArt truck

MoRockN
11-25-2012, 05:27 PM
Hello Gang,
Does anybody on here have a scaleArt truck and a tamiya truck (any of them) in there collection? I need a side by side picture to see the size difference between the two as I am looking into buying an 8x8 soon. Thank you in advance.

Ayoub

Espeefan
01-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Ahh, those Scale Art Man 8x8s are awesome. I'd love to see one on the forum! They really are functional works of art. Maybe someday I'll have one, but not for a really long time, if ever. Worth every penny though!

Anyway, if I'm not mistaken, they are 1/14 scale trucks. Perhaps a little smaller then a Tamiya, but not by much. Tamiya dimensions are a little generous, being undersized in some places, and oversized in others. Same with Wedico. Wedico seems to be more of a 1/15 scale truck, though they call them 1/16 scale. Scale Art axles are the same overall dimensions as Wedico axles, so the track width is roughly the same. That's all I can really tell you. You'll find a couple guys over on Scale 4x4 that have Scale Art trucks. Maybe find their threads, and ask there. I think Scale Art is a little on the rich side for most the members here. There is a video link here, somewhere, to a truck meet. I think it's the Central Plains section. One of the guys at the meet had a Scale Art truck. It's going to be hard to find that video!

cosworth34677
01-12-2013, 03:17 AM
i would give my left ..... for one of them! i need the right one! anyway i really do love ther trucks but at the prices i would rather have a new real car. a customer at our sign shop owns a palfinger dearlership and truck cranes parts, he got one with a palfinger crane on it from the guys that work with him, for some kind of sales girft? he knows i like r/c truck he brough it by to show me . that thing is so nice it even comes in a wooden tool box with foam around the sides!

and they are 1/16.5 from the looks next to my scania it was just a bit smaller but not to small it didn't look out of place next to the scania , just like a smaller truck thats all but the same scale . very very cool trucks but just way to much money. you can get other bigger toys for that price stuff you can get in and drive

JAMMER
01-12-2013, 04:40 AM
Yes the Scale Art are price and very nice but what people on this side of the pond do not realize is that in Germany they will finance these trucks and machines. This sort of changes the game plan if you don't have to lay out all the money at once. Ed

cosworth34677
01-12-2013, 06:39 AM
Yes the Scale Art are price and very nice but what people on this side of the pond do not realize is that in Germany they will finance these trucks and machines. This sort of changes the game plan if you don't have to lay out all the money at once. Ed

ya it dose makes more livable. i always wonder wow people over sea's do this

Espeefan
01-12-2013, 11:40 AM
It's a hobby, like anything else. Some people like snowmobiles, some 4 wheelers, some classic cars, some old trucks, some fishing (with fancy boats), some hunting (with expensive guns), and the list goes on. It's all in what you like, and what makes you happy. Is any hobby actually cheap?

dabears
01-12-2013, 04:23 PM
It's a hobby, like anything else. Some people like snowmobiles, some 4 wheelers, some classic cars, some old trucks, some fishing (with fancy boats), some hunting (with expensive guns), and the list goes on. It's all in what you like, and what makes you happy. Is any hobby actually cheap?

Well said but true. My buddy who wake boards, just spent $40k on a boat that "looks cool" but yet he looks at these trucks like why spend so much.... A hobby is a hobby and none are cheap,i know how much i have in guns and fishing stuff and it adds up fast. Show cars your looking at an easy $100k or more to drive something 5 times a year to a show.... This however even as expensive as it is is by far cheaper then most hobby's. I think some coin collectors pay more then we do. I saw a article of some penny that someone spent $6k for and it was a penny!!!! Point being if you like something and you enjoy it then you cant put a price tag on it...

cosworth34677
01-13-2013, 03:20 AM
Well said but true. My buddy who wake boards, just spent $40k on a boat that "looks cool" but yet he looks at these trucks like why spend so much.... A hobby is a hobby and none are cheap,i know how much i have in guns and fishing stuff and it adds up fast. Show cars your looking at an easy $100k or more to drive something 5 times a year to a show.... This however even as expensive as it is is by far cheaper then most hobby's. I think some coin collectors pay more then we do. I saw a article of some penny that someone spent $6k for and it was a penny!!!! Point being if you like something and you enjoy it then you cant put a price tag on it...

i understand fully i was into tunning cars for years, and i spent to stupid money justt o get 10 hp out of a car so i guess it all where you want to put your money. i sometime have a hard time with the prices of thing when i can get a tamiya for 350 and it will last for years. but i do really get the that fact about the detail building , i just can't get over the detail in these trucks. i wish there was more of them around.

apfubar
01-13-2013, 10:59 AM
Hello Gang,
Does anybody on here have a scaleArt truck and a tamiya truck (any of them) in there collection? I need a side by side picture to see the size difference between the two as I am looking into buying an 8x8 soon. Thank you in advance.

Ayoub

I have both Tamiya and Wedico, with the Wedico being the same sale as the scaleart.

Happy to dig up or take some pics if you want. Obviously if someone has both the scaleart and Tamiya then that would be better.

Cheers,
AP

Espeefan
01-13-2013, 05:27 PM
i understand fully i was into tunning cars for years, and i spent to stupid money justt o get 10 hp out of a car so i guess it all where you want to put your money. i sometime have a hard time with the prices of thing when i can get a tamiya for 350 and it will last for years. but i do really get the that fact about the detail building , i just can't get over the detail in these trucks. i wish there was more of them around.

Been there, done that. Still might get back into it someday. I hung onto one car, and hopefully I never have to sell it, but I do have big dreams for it. It might just become a life long project.

You can throw a bunch of money at any RC. I found that out, years ago, when I first got my first taste of this hobby, starting with monster trucks. I think I've found exactly what I like best, with the semi trucks and construction models. The detail is incredible! A Tamiya, a Wedico, or a Scale Art model - they can all be detailed beyond belief. It's been proven plenty of times! It's mostly just a matter of time and money. But it's fun, and at the end of the day, that's all that matters most.

fhhhstix
01-17-2013, 03:59 PM
Here is the best pic I could find. The red MAN next to the radio is a Scale Art and the MACK is real close to the same size as a Tamiya Aeromax.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b190/firepisser8104/Indy%202012/DSCF6567.jpg

Travis

D8R
01-18-2013, 02:33 AM
Have been in Germany at show a couple of times and has always stopped at ScaleArt show booth.
Their truck are realy top notch ($$)

Here from latest visit

Heavyhauler from MAN
http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af270/gulalastbilen/DSC_0164-1.jpg

Palfinger hydraulic crane, see trailer behind, wow, all those crossmembers with hols and everything, this is top notch!
http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af270/gulalastbilen/DSC_0166.jpg

Traction capapcity on a 8x8
http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af270/gulalastbilen/DSC_0087.jpg

ScaleArt chassi, yes it's an art!
http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af270/gulalastbilen/DSC_0203.jpg

Timber truck (German style)
http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af270/gulalastbilen/DSC_0202.jpg

Line up of different models
http://i1014.photobucket.com/albums/af270/gulalastbilen/DSC_0200.jpg

/Dan

MoRockN
01-18-2013, 10:03 AM
Thank you Guys for the pictures. That was my worry, it is a lot smaller than the Tamiya. I have 9 trucks right now, and If I get a $12000 truck that will not fit with the fleet I will be very unhappy. Now a bruder plow truck sitting in the background thats a tad smaller will not bother me since it's $50. I think I'm just gonna have to go with plan B.

cosworth34677
01-20-2013, 02:32 PM
Thank you Guys for the pictures. That was my worry, it is a lot smaller than the Tamiya. I have 9 trucks right now, and If I get a $12000 truck that will not fit with the fleet I will be very unhappy. Now a bruder plow truck sitting in the background thats a tad smaller will not bother me since it's $50. I think I'm just gonna have to go with plan B.

the one the one i've seen is abou the size of a bruder. just a bit bigger, its one of those things where if you have big details it would look bigger, but if you have a streamlined smooth details it will look smaller. i don't know i still would love to have one

Espeefan
01-20-2013, 03:20 PM

They aren't that much money, are they? I was under the impression that they were in the $6 to $8K range. For $12K, I'll just buy a 1:1 tractor to play with!

D8R
01-30-2013, 05:10 AM
Did run into nice video showing a ScaleArt MAN 8x8 hook lift. It´s run at almost scale speed to, locking real nice!

www.youtube.com/watch?v=JN8AUoRHghk
www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gJuctgvmWk
Dan