PDA

View Full Version : Question about radios

Heavyhaulin
12-14-2012, 02:05 PM
I'm waiting for my first King Hauler to show up, also getting the MFU. I'm looking at a the Hitec Aurora 9. I'm planning a 192 wheel super haul trailer and I would like to run 2 lift mechanisms and 3 more steering servos with its own receiver. Just wondering if this radio would be able to handle this?
Thanks

Espeefan
12-16-2012, 05:43 PM
I don't see why not. Multiple receivers should all read the same signal from the radio, as long as the channel and frequency is the same, or in the case of a 2.4 giga-hertz radio, if the receivers are all bound to the same radio. Only problem is adjusting the trim for one servo will change the centering position of all the other servos, on the same channel too. So to get around that potential problem, you might want some mechanical means of adjusting the steering for multiple axles. A turnbuckle system, or threaded rod, to correct for any minor differences, and to keep the axles tracking straight. Each receiver is going to need a power source too, though if you are creative enough, they could share a battery.

Heavyhaulin
12-16-2012, 09:17 PM
Thanks, hopefully ill have enough channels to accomplish this:)