PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Indianapolis

Hanson50
09-26-2010, 02:46 PM
I am a 50 somthing male from Indianapolis. I am building a Potain Self ercting rc crane. I want to have it ready for the 2011 Show. if I can make it work the way I plan it will be able to magneticly lift and rotate truck containers, and load/ unload them from trailers.
Thank you Paul H. Hanson

fhhhstix
09-26-2010, 03:28 PM
Welcome Paul and glad to see another member from Indiana I am just 30 mi north of you.

Travis

tc1cat
09-26-2010, 04:29 PM
Welcome Paul, Always glad to someone else from IN. in the 50+ age bracket. Will look forward to your crane build.

SonoranWraith
09-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Sounds very cool. Are you scratch building the containers too? Pics!!:D

Hanson50
09-26-2010, 08:22 PM
NO to scrachbuilding containers, But wedico has containers and trailers kits for sale. Paul
PS Lift mecanizm will be eltromagnetic so it will pick up anything ferrous IE: nuts, bolts, washers, scrap metal

DieselKid
09-29-2010, 08:40 PM
Welcome aboard Paul! Glad to see some more from the midwest! From NW Ohio myself and have some family right next door to you in Fishers, IN.

Your project sounds awesome, especially with the mention of hauling some scrap metal around at Indy instead of just crum rubber!

Let the roll-off trailer and beat up dump trailer builds begin!....time to go scrappin'!:D

Ooh...and containers too! Neat concepts all around, looking forward to seeing some PICS!:)

-Alex