PDA

View Full Version : dose anyone sell a package kit?

cosworth34677
01-03-2013, 01:50 AM
dose anyone see a hydraulic kit for a excavator? like package deal with pumps valva and rams? or dose anyone know were i can get good price on parts? something with out breaking the bank!

foub01
01-03-2013, 10:04 AM
only kit i know of is this one.not sure of the quality but as a starter kit i think its ok http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fhobbyocasion.xopie.com%2F&act=url

cosworth34677
01-03-2013, 01:50 PM
ok am i seeing the prices right? thats cool!

woodhog
01-03-2013, 02:09 PM
I know thats not the us currency but i dont know what currency it is to do the conversion:confused:

Lil Giants
01-03-2013, 02:50 PM
I know thats not the us currency but i dont know what currency it is to do the conversion:confused:

euro

cosworth34677
01-03-2013, 03:37 PM
euro
even converted! that really cheep from what i see! if so im selling some old r/c stuf to get some money to start the saving.

also what dose 10bars/145 psi mean is the real world? will i be able to take it out side in the back yard and just start digging a hole. or is that go to the loacl park sandbox/catbox and dig in the softer dirt? ?

Lil Giants
01-03-2013, 03:54 PM
Sandbox @ the park :D

RCP57
01-03-2013, 04:07 PM
It will dig in a sandbox just fine so long as you don't hit a turd.:p

Seriously though it's a plastic toy and unless you are going to rebuild it all out of metal 10bar is probably all it will handle anyway. Should provide hours of fun!

cosworth34677
01-03-2013, 04:16 PM
It will dig in a sandbox just fine so long as you don't hit a turd.:p

Seriously though it's a plastic toy and unless you are going to rebuild it all out of metal 10bar is probably all it will handle anyway.

i was going to replace the frigelli actuators im using on my custom excavator. and boom stick bucket and frame are made out of aluminum .

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j86/cosworth34677/20130103_203504_zps7453419a.jpg

ya she's a little beat

RCP57
01-03-2013, 04:22 PM
Oh sorry I thought you were using these to convert a bruder for some reason. I feel like a dip s*** now. You may want a little more power then. Why dont you buy a decent pump and valves and then use air cylinders. You can buy them for around $20 each from places like McMaster Carr or Automation Direct.

cosworth34677
01-03-2013, 04:28 PM
ya it looks like i may just have to do that. i would stay with the actuators but they don't last long . at lease in my hands, i tend to use my models ALOT!! , and i tend to wware them out. and im thinging of building a new excavator and thought it would be cool to make the new one hydraulic.

the big thing is between rent my 1:1 car gas food and life 3-400 bucks for just a pump is a bit much and i not even talking about the valves either. for about 300 i can get all the firgellis for that and have it running. see my problem?

RCP57
01-03-2013, 04:43 PM
I do see what you're saying! I'm fortunate because I have saved and bought a lot of tools over the years but if you've looked at any of my builds I'm sure you have noticed that I try to make as much out of junk as I can. I'm a hoarder of sorts but I've never had a lot of money and to me old scraps are invaluable sometimes! I am in the same boat as you right now with my skidder. I want to just buy the cylinders for it and be done with it but there is 8 of them so it isn't cost effective for me to do it that way. I guess I have to save some more $$$$ or get my butt into the shop! I don't have patients for either right now though!

carp
01-04-2013, 08:52 AM
10bar isnt much and if you expect to go out and dig virgin ground you will be sorely dissapointed, at such a small size there is no real cheap way of doing it apart from making the parts yourself. Alternatively you could build something bigger and pick up an industrial pump and valves like izzul did for the cost of a leimbach pump.

cosworth34677
01-04-2013, 09:54 AM
ya looks that way. i may stick with my figelli actuators for now. and start saving up for the other stuff.

Supermario
01-04-2013, 10:17 AM
only kit i know of is this one.not sure of the quality but as a starter kit i think its ok http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fhobbyocasion.xopie.com%2F&act=url

Thanks to seeing this post, my impulse buy, don't do your homework first syndrome kicked in:eek::eek:
I'm the guy who just a couple weeks ago posted a thread saying " always shop around first! " Lol. It's hard to practice what you preach:o
Anyway, for a thousand bucks Canadian, all I want is something to haul on my lowboy and to load my wife's end dump trailer with wood chips, rubber pellets and what not for shows and the backyard.
So I bit the bullet and ordered the Liebherr 574 complete with radio and charger, shipping included cost as I said a grand. A lot less than 4 or 5 grand so what the heck:D
Anxious to see what I bought.:eek:

Sorry didn't mean to take your thread off track. Just wanted to say thanks:) ... I guess?? :)

Mario

RCP57
01-04-2013, 11:09 AM
Thanks to seeing this post, my impulse buy, don't do your homework first syndrome kicked in:eek::eek:
I'm the guy who just a couple weeks ago posted a thread saying " always shop around first! " Lol. It's hard to practice what you preach:o
Anyway, for a thousand bucks Canadian, all I want is something to haul on my lowboy and to load my wife's end dump trailer with wood chips, rubber pellets and what not for shows and the backyard.
So I bit the bullet and ordered the Liebherr 574 complete with radio and charger, shipping included cost as I said a grand. A lot less than 4 or 5 grand so what the heck:D
Anxious to see what I bought.:eek:

Sorry didn't mean to take your thread off track. Just wanted to say thanks:) ... I guess?? :)

Mario

Sweet! It will be interesting to see how it works and how long it takes to get delivered! I was looking at more Bruder stuff at a store yesterday...I have to stop doing that!

Reg

scalelover
01-07-2013, 05:33 PM
This guy has a good rep from multiple people I've spoken with. They all said he was great to work with and shipping was faster then expected. They are well spoken people and a plus is their English is good. I'm pretty sure there is a build or two on here with them and some on scale as well.

I've emailed back and forth with him several times about a complete custom setup.He does build custom length and bore rams for one off projects, and also has bigger pumps available. So if you wanted to hold off on the out of the box set I'd email him and talk with him about your rig, its measurements and how its setup.

The stuff wouldn't hold up on real hard digging machines but for bruder stuff and even lighter aluminum custom stuff it digs pretty good in LOOSE earth and soil. I wouldn't recommend trying virgin soil but it is a nice setup for the money. There are some wear issues on the cylinders over time, but most are easily repairable with minimal work, basically seals and stuff. I know the system could def use some upgrades but again for the price your not going to get a top notch system.

--Dan

cosworth34677
01-07-2013, 05:40 PM
cool ya i got a week or two of saving to go. the rig is self is not very heavy the boom stick are aluminum plate with sentra(pvc ) between. the frame if aluminum. im using 100mm actuators on the boom , but they are a bit to long. the need to be more like 80mm the stick and buck are 60mm actuators. im in the middle of cleaning up and remaking some parts for it . i just finished a new boom and stick that are lighter and more stream lined. and im moving to the drive motors for the tracks next

scalelover
01-07-2013, 06:04 PM
cool ya i got a week or two of saving to go. the rig is self is not very heavy the boom stick are aluminum plate with sentra(pvc ) between. the frame if aluminum. im using 100mm actuators on the boom , but they are a bit to long. the need to be more like 80mm the stick and buck are 60mm actuators. im in the middle of cleaning up and remaking some parts for it . i just finished a new boom and stick that are lighter and more stream lined. and im moving to the drive motors for the tracks next

If you know the lengths that you need, I'd send him an email with them and see what he can do. I'm not positive on pricing but its not much different than his prefab kits run. Maybe even ask him about pump upgrades.

--Dan

cosworth34677
01-07-2013, 06:06 PM
ok but the big question is is all of this stuff anygood? this is a bit of money to drop. and on another post i made some said not to get it? im so confussed head hurts

scalelover
01-07-2013, 06:40 PM
Compared to the high end stuff like leimbach,scale art, vario, etc. it's not even in the same ball park. It's like comparing apples to oranges.

Most guys here will knock it because they have run or bought the better stuff and it is by far better than these. I have never run a higher end setup myself but I'm sure they are top notch. I have run one of these setups and again it was nice for what it was,but with nothing to compare to hydro wise I dunno, I do have firgellis like you and know they are very limited compared to this kit. I was impressed with it but it was only a one time use. I personally can't speak for long term use and abuse but I'm sure if you searched the threads here and on scale and Pmd the guys that do have them you could get better info on them.

I'd say that you won't find anything near it for the pricing, or for what your wanting/willing to pay. It will outperform the firgellis and it will beat a pneumatic system as well. You can keep scouring the web looking for complete systems, but you'll be very hard to find any.

Unless you want to keep saving for the higher end stuff I'd upgrade to it. Or you could wait for me to come through, I will be buying one of these at some point but do not know when with home remodeling and new baby coming and all.

--Dan

rson123
08-13-2013, 04:37 PM
I'm right there with you guys as far as budget. It's hard to justify $7k-$10k on one unit, although if I won the lottery, I would by a full fleet of them! I've been researching options for months now and reached two options w/i budget.

I have the Hydraulic modified CAT 320 Excavator with sound and lights from http://www.magomhrc.com/en/cat-320/56-excavadora-cat-320-hidraulica.html sitting in a cart for ~$1k USD and a Bruder "toy" Cat from Amazon for 60 bucks waiting to be converted.

I think I'm going for the conversion with plans to use continuous servos for the drive and turn-table and firgelli actuators for the boom thanks to all the great build threads out there...

We'll see how it goes, but I suspect I will end up close to 500 bucks and probably still not as good (or Bar > 10) as those offered by Magom.

Thanks for your posts guys, good to know I'm not alone in making this decision. I hope I'm making the right one ;)

rson123
08-13-2013, 04:54 PM
Oh sorry I thought you were using these to convert a bruder for some reason. I feel like a dip s*** now. You may want a little more power then. Why dont you buy a decent pump and valves and then use air cylinders. You can buy them for around $20 each from places like McMaster Carr or Automation Direct.

RCP57, if you happen by this thread again, I would love to see a build showing the pump and values in use with the air cylinders f/automation you suggested. I've searched everywhere, but cannot find a Bruder Cat conversion using air cylinders...

I like the idea of Air versus hydraulics or electric, but clueless about how the components would go together and expected Bar.

Thank in advance.

tracksntreadslou
08-13-2013, 11:05 PM
Im pretty sure Reg ment to use cheaper air cyclinders with hydrauil fluid ..Using air would make the system spungy and high pressure would make things move way too quickley ..I bought some of these clippard cylinders and using them on my ADT and dozer ..been a few years and no seals are leaking ..Rclogger has been using robarts cycinders for some of his builds as well and I just ordered a couple from tower for a project I have going now ..Tower seems to sell them cheaper then robarts site ..strange

cosworth34677
08-15-2013, 06:12 PM
oh sorry this is a old topic, and telling what i ended up doing , sorry about that