PDA

View Full Version : qctp for our hobby lathes and bigger

Speedy
01-06-2013, 11:50 AM
I just got a quick change tool post and love it thought I would make a video for you all. life is much better when at the lathe!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6EaDWGYVvE&feature=share&list=UUvMOzQS2L0JA1BG6A19vJzg

rowings farms
01-10-2013, 06:42 PM
they do lathe work so much faster. i know i would not do as much lathe work without one.

tc1cat
01-11-2013, 04:38 AM
Nice video. QCTP is the only way to go. The guy that was giving you grief about cost and changing angles must not have used a QCTP very much. Having to reset the heigth-centering- of a tool post every time you change gets to be a real pain compared to a QCTP.

doodlebug
01-11-2013, 03:00 PM
I bought one at Harbor freight a few years ago, never regretted it!
Cheer's, Neil.

Speedy
01-15-2013, 06:20 PM
thanks guys, they sure are great! I am very happy with it.
doodlebug I think I know you from another forum. anyhow is that a wisconsin v4 in your avatar? I am getting one soon and want to put it into a custom tractor!

doodlebug
01-16-2013, 04:53 PM
thanks guys, they sure are great! I am very happy with it.
doodlebug I think I know you from another forum. anyhow is that a wisconsin v4 in your avatar? I am getting one soon and want to put it into a custom tractor!

Yup, VF4D, trying to get 6 v4's lined up for a project, lol! haven't spent much time on the garden tractor forum lately, seem to have more fun here!
Cheer's, Neil.

P.S. pm me and I will reveal the secret to making them start easy!

Acadieman
01-31-2013, 04:59 AM
Yup, VF4D, trying to get 6 v4's lined up for a project, lol! haven't spent much time on the garden tractor forum lately, seem to have more fun here!
Cheer's, Neil.

P.S. pm me and I will reveal the secret to making them start easy!

Would that be mytractorforum? I don't visit it as often anymore either.

doodlebug
01-31-2013, 06:57 AM
Yah that one!
Cheers Neil.

pigeonfarmboy
05-07-2013, 03:40 PM
I finally bolted the A2Z CNC QCTP onto the Taig the other night. I haven't looked at what could be causing it, but the surface finish and precision was horrible. I know I had the tool height set correct. It almost seemed as if the tool was allowed to flex??? Pretty weird. I'll do some measuring of the precision on the post/mount and report back.