PDA

View Full Version : wow!

Clint307
01-07-2013, 11:09 PM
Well I've had fenders on order for a month now with very little communication so I'm resorting to making my own fenders, Pete style fenders for the front and double humps for the rear any help with this would be appreciated! What thickness of 4 inch PVC does people use?:cool:

dabears
01-08-2013, 07:46 AM
I picked up landscaping pvc which is 4". I found mine in the outside portion of Menards. It was Grey. Hope that helps!!

Clint307
01-08-2013, 12:12 PM
Thanks dabears, I went and found some and I'm working on drawing up what I'm looking for so maybe I can get some paint on my truck instead of it looking like the body shop had it for a year and forgot to finish it. I guess whenever my order finally shows I'll use those as moldes and do my own from now on. Thanks again for your knowledge and your willingness to help people out with it.
Clint~

dabears
01-08-2013, 12:20 PM
Thanks dabears, I went and found some and I'm working on drawing up what I'm looking for so maybe I can get some paint on my truck instead of it looking like the body shop had it for a year and forgot to finish it. I guess whenever my order finally shows I'll use those as moldes and do my own from now on. Thanks again for your knowledge and your willingness to help people out with it.
Clint~

No prob, let me know if you want any of the numbers off the pipe i have here if you cant find it. Just ask them for irrigation pipe. aka drain pipe. thats how i found mine after walking around for awhile (not that it was a bad thing other then on my wallet) The pipe itself is what i made my rear fenders out of, i tried the regular white 4" pvc and it was just too thick to sit on mounts as doubles. for singles it could work if you mount to the axle themselfs. If you look in my thread on my globe you'll see how i made mine

Clint307
01-08-2013, 11:04 PM
I found you talking a little about this while i was mingling around in the body shop section and that's what gave me the idea of just doing it myself cause I've waited a month now for the fenders and that's all that's keeping me from moving forward but hey thanks and ill look for that thread also. This place is a wealth of knowledge if a guy just does a little reading and searching around.