PDA

View Full Version : Smoke generators #%}^+]!

Supermario
01-12-2013, 12:47 PM
I purchased a smoke gen last year and posted my plans to install on King of Bling. TC had wished me luck saying he had burnt out 5 of them in the past. Well I finally tested it out today with intentions to install on Mama Sue's truck and had it running in no time. All was working great for about 10 minutes, I was thinking bout making a little video and the next thing ya know.... No more smoke:(
When working, I could feel a little warmth from the unit and now, no more heat already? I don't know if turning up the adjustment for the vibration motor to max did it?
At least the thing only cost me 30 bucks. Ya get what ya pay for :rolleyes:

That's it. I'm done with smoke generators:mad::eek::p

Mario

Lil Giants
01-12-2013, 03:58 PM
Did you use that one from Aristocraft?

I had one of them running on 12v, worked pretty good for a long time.. my plumbing was too small (1/4), not alot of smoke, although just the right amount, looked really kool in 3rd gear with a light stream off the top of the stacks. The back pressure the small plumbing caused created a lot heat within the unit which eventually burned it out.

Supermario
01-12-2013, 05:50 PM
Did you use that one from Aristocraft?

I had one of them running on 12v, worked pretty good for a long time.. my plumbing was too small (1/4), not alot of smoke, although just the right amount, looked really kool in 3rd gear with a light stream off the top of the stacks. The back pressure the small plumbing caused created a lot heat within the unit which eventually burned it out.

Just as you said Joe, not a lot of smoke, just right. I found it on ebay from a guy in Poland. Here was the video he recorded and I must say mine ran almost like this vid. I used mineral oil, not sure what he used.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xT-FMckFXw

I so wanted to make a video of the thing working I thought what the heck...here it is, NOT working.:(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9N9X7BoQCo