PDA

View Full Version : rc adt

rc4ever
01-22-2013, 08:01 AM
hi everybody, How have y'all been? :) I've got little bit of free time to work on my rc. Please don't laugh too loud!!!:o I don't know what would you call this? :D
hi yhng, welcome aboard! U r not alone! As u can c my rc is handmade too.:D It'll be greatttt to have cnc and other machines, rite. Where r u from? US?

Warning: ton of screwssss:eek: any comments r appreciated

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w484/Leonrc2012/IMG_9161_zps8f447330.jpg

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w484/Leonrc2012/IMG_5434_zpsab143442.jpg

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w484/Leonrc2012/IMG_5434_zpsab143442.jpg

Lil Giants
01-22-2013, 10:20 AM
Tapered head countersunk screws wouldn't be so noticeable and perhaps some you could putty over to hide them altogether. ;)

Looking pretty good just the same. :cool:

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=6026

rc4ever
01-22-2013, 11:02 AM
Tapered head countersunk screws wouldn't be so noticeable and perhaps some you could putty over to hide them altogether. ;)

Looking pretty good just the same. :cool:

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=6026

Thanks for your comment and great suggestion of the tapered head coutersunk screws.... replacing them all with the new screws will be a pain:eek: but im thinking about that!!!!:confused::rolleyes:

Madda
01-22-2013, 11:07 AM
Thanks for your comment and great suggestion of the tapered head coutersunk screws.... replacing them all with the new screws will be a pain:eek: but im thinking about that!!!!:confused::rolleyes:

It will be worth it in the end, I vote for it:D

rc4ever
01-22-2013, 02:59 PM
It will be worth it in the end, I vote for it:D

Madda, thanks for your vote, but you know that you vote for the world's ugliest rc model lol :D

grumpygrady
01-22-2013, 03:02 PM
looks great now ,and a little paint will make it better

grumpygrady
01-23-2013, 08:41 AM
and if you do not like the screw heads ,you could weld the seams or solder them, or even epoxy them and then take the screws out and putty the holes closed
but i like the way it looks ,and it will be the only one like it
you do not have to make yours look like everyone elses or make it to please others
unless you are building it for sale

scalelover
01-23-2013, 02:24 PM
You could just order a ton of the scale screws... That would probably be a major undertaking but would really look killer on them both. Almost like armor had been bolted onto it or something. Ether way they look good and if your happy with them that's all that matters. Keep the updates rolling in.

--Dan

rc4ever
01-23-2013, 06:08 PM
scalelover and grumpygrady, thanks for the compliment and encouragement
y'all could read my mind lol ..:eek: Im more confindent to be here n keep posting pics... yes, I'd like to build one of a kind model :D and doesn't look like anyones... so far i'm happy with it n like to share with everyone my own creation... y'all don't take me wrong, please! Im not showing off or disturbing anyone view or even try to compete against anyone because there r so many great builders in here n 1000 times beter than I am... like Gipicarto, MPE and others... they r reallyyyy master.. wish I can have the machines n take a lesson from them:) I trully admire their model a lottttttttt.... :eek: Im speechless after seeing their models and hesitated to post my at the beginning (my model is just a piece of Cr..)... but I did anywayz :D Guys, Im just another rc enthusiast n like to share with everyone. I feel very lucky to find y'all in here.;):)

doodlebug
01-23-2013, 06:55 PM
scalelover and grumpygrady, thanks for the compliment and encouragement
y'all could read my mind lol ..:eek: Im more confindent to be here n keep posting pics... yes, I'd like to build one of a kind model :D and doesn't look like anyones... so far i'm happy with it n like to share with everyone my own creation... y'all don't take me wrong, please! Im not showing off or disturbing anyone view or even try to compete against anyone because there r so many great builders in here n 1000 times beter than I am... like Gipicarto, MPE and others... they r reallyyyy master.. wish I can have the machines n take a lesson from them:) I trully admire their model a lottttttttt.... :eek: Im speechless after seeing their models and hesitated to post my at the beginning (my model is just a piece of Cr..)... but I did anywayz :D Guys, Im just another rc enthusiast n like to share with everyone. I feel very lucky to find y'all in here.;):)

Don't be hard on yourself, everybody has to start at the bottom, and learn new skill's! Great start, and don't get discurraged!
Cheer's, Neil.

dabears
01-23-2013, 07:38 PM
I think it looks fantastic!! I couldnt build that it would have been scrapped for plastic after the second day..... Keep up the great work!!

Stefan
01-24-2013, 09:53 AM
I like the low profile cab. Resembles an Oshkosh, really cool model.

Stefan

zookpower
01-26-2013, 02:59 AM
this thing looks awsome to me you have done a good job on it keep the pics coming