PDA

View Full Version : Pneumatic Cylinders

cosworth34677
01-24-2013, 05:32 PM
ok im about to make a list of parts for my excavator. over the next weeks i think im goingto try to convert it to hydraulic. but as far as the cyclinders i read that folks use Pneumatic Cylinders. so my question is ...

what size cylinder should i use? i order the hrc pump and valves . i know folks said not to but i got just as many folks saying too, to. so i'm taking the dive besides if it sucks i can take it apart and try to make my own. my excatator uses 2 60mm firgelli actuators and two 100 mm actuators. but looking on ebay the mass number of different sizes and bore and strokes single and double action is just making me confused. so help guys please!!

woodhog
01-25-2013, 05:15 AM
well for sure you have to have double action,one inlet to push and one to pull. The bore of the rc4wd cylinders will be to big for yours i think .So you could get on their site to get the measurements and go from there:)

Snochaser
01-25-2013, 08:37 AM
Try Clippard. They have all a good selection.

MattDk
04-23-2013, 10:27 AM
Hi,

I'm in the process of trying this approach aswell. I found a good selection on goodluckbuy.com. They are 5-13$ and with free shipping it is worth a try. I have one that I have taken apart to see how it looked inside. Stainless steel cylender and pisto .

The hole i 5mm and i think that a 5m - 1/8" converter will work for the m3 nipple.
When I have tested it I will let you know.

rson123
08-13-2013, 05:45 PM
Any updates to post on recommended cylinder sizes for a Bruder Cat conversion? And recommended pump and valve? Curious how HRC worked out too?

As always, thanks for your posts.

cosworth34677
08-13-2013, 07:42 PM
the hrc kit works so good. just a bit of a pain to get the valve set just right, but once you do it works like a champ. i like my kit.