PDA

View Full Version : Banned? What in the h&ll...

WhiteWolf McBride
02-12-2013, 09:13 PM
Guys...

Anyone know any of the admins over on RC Crawler? I ask as I went to see if I could log in after ~years~, and it was years, as they still had my @eisa.com email account on file (that went bye-bye in '08)

Well, soon as I signed in, I got this:

You have been banned for the following reason:
No reason was specified.

Date the ban will be lifted: Never

I think mebbe one of the admins or mods doesn't like me? I've asked, but don't expect an answer, considering the " no reason / forever " options. I suspect my account got hacked, but have absolutely no way to prove it.

Anyone able to help out?

PS: I managed to get back into my Scale 4x4 account, same old @eisa.com email there, but no ban.

Very annoyed/confused...
WhiteWolf
- not remembering pissing off any of the crawlers...

trucker n
02-14-2013, 06:57 PM
might want to talk to pigeon farm boy on here i think he is a mod over there

WhiteWolf McBride
02-14-2013, 08:44 PM
Well...

I updated my e-mail after it let me in, so if they wanted me to know, I'd either have an e-mail or a PM notification (by e-mail, I think I had it enabled) and I haven't seen either.

I just checked again now (to be sure) and it still says the same thing. I don't want to hound Admin about it, and just prove I'm some useless twerp. They have a valid e-mail for me now, but if they think I'm not good enough for their board, thats their choice. I'd just like to know why I got banned.

Honestly, doesn't "forever" & "no reason" sounds like its a personal beef? I honestly don't remember pissing anyone off that much, but I'm willing to apologise if I did. Heck, I've mended fences that ~I~ put up in less time.

Thinking back about 4 years, summer '08, I'd just had my throat op (esophagectomy w/ gastric pull-up), and then moved while still recovering. I was still on a lot of pain meds, and honestly don't remember much.

If you know the mods, please, pass this on, I'd like to repair things, if possible.

WhiteWolf

pigeonfarmboy
03-02-2013, 10:09 AM
What's your screen name there? I'm only a mod but I can look into it.

WhiteWolf McBride
03-02-2013, 11:21 AM
Pigeon:

Same as here, WhiteWolf McBride. Space between the names.

It was last accessed (pre-ban) ~years~ back. I managed to update the e-mail address, but thats all it would let me do (I checked the login again before this post, same still)

Thanks for the attempt, any hint about my 'infraction' would help. I hate not knowing what I did wrong, and not knowing if I could repair the damage, if at all possible.

Looking back on my first days on the net in '95, and even posts I made about 2000, I've changed a lot. I'm not the hothead I used to be - posting before chillin', then thinkin', and ~then~ posting calmly, like I do now. For all I know, it could have been a typo, a mis-understanding, or a hacker, know what I mean?

WhiteWolf

pigeonfarmboy
03-10-2013, 06:28 PM
I don't see any mention of your name anywhere. Like I said, I'm a mod so I don't have access to ban lists. I'd just start fresh and go from there. I really doubt it's anything personal. There would be a thread about you if that was the case.

WhiteWolf McBride
03-10-2013, 07:41 PM
Thanks PFB.

I hate to just 'slip around' a ban by making a new account, as it seems sneaky. I know a few that do it repeatedly, and are literally 'banned on recognition' (like Ken Myers, and someone else Willy might recognise)

Thats why I asked for any assistance. I still haven't gotten any reply from admin, and I don't want to loose access just because I 'slipped around' a ban with a new account.

Anyone having an account there willing to ask Admin on my behalf what the beef was?

WhiteWolf

gun
03-11-2013, 02:30 AM
They've kicked me out two times and every time it was because my uil is close to someone's that they are banning. Don't know if that helps any