PDA

View Full Version : WT* is wrong with people

scalelover
02-15-2013, 08:13 AM
So yesterday after a hard days work, I walk out to my car to find the door partially open and all my stuff from my console and glove box all over my car. I immediately know what happened and am instantly furious and pissed and annoyed. Then it kind of turns into more of a sadness because it hits me that someone was never given the chance to understand how things in life work. Someone won't know that true hard work is more rewarding than getting something for nothing. Instead of knowing that they will just continue down the wrong path until they either hit bottom or someone helps them to realize that it is not easier doing it the wrong way.....

Anyway Back to the story:

Some little punk A*^ Bi*^h decided they didnt need to work for their own things so they'd take mine. It wasn't much that was missing, some loose change, lottery ticket,pack of smokes, and a bottle of medication. All replaceable items but enough to really piss me off. I wish I would have caught the person in act, well prob not because I would have killed them.

To Me it seems like something a kid would do to get some quick cash or free stuff, so again WT* is wrong with society in general that parents or family can't or don't instill manners and morals into their children anymore? I was taught right and wrong as a kid, my kids know right and wrong, and I'm sure most of you guys and gals do to.

I just don't understand why people don't give a flying f*^+ anymore. Life ain't easy and its not free and not everyone is a winner. Man up people and take responsibility and teach your kids something that truly matters

--Dan

Acadieman
02-15-2013, 09:28 AM
I hear ya. A honest days work would teach many people the true value of money and what it takes to buy stuff.

Last Fall my truck got keyed the entire length. It cost nearly $2000 to have the damage repaired. They didn't even steal anything!! Just damaged my property!!
My truck was parked in front of my apartment building next to a city park. Probably high school kids or squeegee kids that walked by. Every Fall, stuff happens in the park. It almost seems like initiations or something. A few years ago, high school students would mug people walking across.

All in all, I agree with your post. Its no fun to have your property taken away from thugs. They act all tough until confronted and they always hide.

doodlebug
02-15-2013, 10:17 AM
Sorry to hear that, I understand what's happening with society, and it's scarry!
Government claims they can fix the ill's and just make it worse.
I'll park my soap box, because I might really offend somebody!
Neil.....

glorydays24
02-15-2013, 01:36 PM
Dan, i'm sorry for what happend to you.:( And I know exactly where you're coming from. Several years ago my cousin was going to help me lift weights. So the first time I visited the gym, all of my KISS and RUSH cassettes were stolen. And then about two years ago my first king hauler and tanker trailer were stolen from me by a person who I thought was a friend. The way I look at it, if I can't get it on my own, I will find an honest way to do it. And I can't blame you for being P O!!!:mad:

Big John

WhiteWolf McBride
02-15-2013, 03:45 PM
Scalie:

Makes ya wanna install one of those 'Electrovolt' car protection thingies from Robocop, eh?

And I know the feeling. When I was driving idjit nephew about, Dad gave me his 2000 Olds Intrigue to do the job. almost 10 years old, but decent shape.

6 Months I had a nice parking spot, though annoying at times as Housing had the badly marked ~single~ Vsitors spot beside me, and I was always having twerps ticketed got jacking my spot. Guess one got PO'd, and put a roofing nail thru the sidewalls of 3 of my 4 tires. I walked the lot, so I know it was the nail, only 'culprit' about.

I moved my car to the back lot,another 4 months, and someone shatters the driver's window, and makes a bombsite out of the car. Everything all over, and my tire compressor and power converter GONE. And they left the tool on the seat, cops never found the bugger. $140 each time in damages, but considering the age of the car, making a claim would only hurt my insurance (**** I hate this no-fault crap)

My new car has an alarm, and I make sure people know it, and I can see her from my window. Going to put a higher-end one in a few months, ya so much as ~breathe~ on it, it goes off.

Vandalism for a few bits that they mebbe for $20 for? Then again, cop said they hit about 6 cars from the neighborhood, if I'd gotten wind, my 5.5' ash staff would have been introduced to a door, and a few kneecaps and private areas.

WhiteWolf
now on the Tenants Association, and Neighborhood Watch,
so he can help get rid of the troublemakers.

PS: at least he dinna get any of your radio gear, still or video cam... so be happy!

Radio Control Trucker
02-15-2013, 09:49 PM
With society becoming more and more barbaric as cities encroach upon the “unincorporated” zones of society. I have seen the gang mentality and signs of recreation drug use in my community increase with the increase of the population in my area. My valley was never one to gloat about its moral values it was once referred to as “the valley of the drunks”, but with the increase of people and the “me/mine” mentality it becomes harder every day to share my thoughts with others outside my home without fear of what might happen.

I have thought about the situation over the years and come to the conclusion that when I was a child my parents introduced me to after school activities, such as Boy Scouts, the 4-H, and several community projects through the local hospital and churches. If the young people of today were to be assigned such projects and given responsibility/accountability for their actions, I believe that a lot of the problems in our society would be resolved quickly.

For the older adolescents, the Sheriff has the Explorers program and I believe that in the worlds state of affairs today it would serve our country well if we were to reintroduce a two year draft on anyone that was 18-21 years of age, once they had graduated from high school. Upon serving the two years, they would have job training and a recommendation from a commanding officer for the university or trade school of their choice. This would keep our kids physically fit, off the streets, and provide them with a good education. I know I speak as a citizen for the United States, but these are just a few of my own private thoughts on the subject.

If I have offended anyone, it is unintentional.

-RCT

Mama Sue
02-16-2013, 02:57 AM
As a school bus driver I was trained to handle situations that arise on my bus. Most teachers back us if we have an issue. It's the parents who don't. We can talk to the kids, explain why it's wrong, and give a consequence-lines, a seat at the front of the bus, or suspension(this needs the principals' support)etc, then enforce it. The parents think we are centering out their child, want us to make exceptions for their children, cuz you know little johnny is really an angel..lol...Our parents taught us right from wrong, morals, and punished us if we did wrong..We had groups as RCT mentioned. We were accountable for our actions. We were taught that to earn a good days wage you had to work a good days work...Society is failing in all of those areas. And it's usually the good people who get robbed, violated and have to replace the stuff they worked so hard to get. So sorry you were one of those...

Stuff
02-16-2013, 08:10 AM
the smash and grab is becoming a popular thing up here...

The oilfield is so strong here that there is transients and all kinds of rift raft coming along with it... I know one guy that had ... HAD ... a 1939 Cadillac Sedan that was on his car trailer, in his shop, being worked on. He had the front tires off and the car up on jack stands. The people who decided they wanted it more then him put the wheels back on, took it off the stands, put the stands on the ground and hooked onto his trailer and took everything...

Only record is a gas station camera got the car somewhere in alberta...

And that is just one story! Another of dad's friends had his Quonset raided. whole skid of genset's gone, welders gone, tractors gone, tires gone, implements gone, and so forth and so forth.

I'm very tempted to start a small village somewhere with all my friends from the surrounding area... 24hr/365 surveillance to.

/end rant

rcman
02-18-2013, 12:38 AM
people have changed over the years. like one post... when I was a kid I was into all sorts of after school activities... cub/boy scouts, music, swimming go carts, mini bikes and rc's so my days were full then of course the normal stuff like chores and home work. was taught right from wrong and always felt good when I could save my money and buy something myself after hard work to earn it! I to have had a truck broken into. They broke my window and ripped out the dash to get my stereo system out. Really sucks. Coming home to an empty house is a real kick in the sack! that really bothered me alot!

scalelover
02-18-2013, 10:44 AM
Thanks for all the great responses, its good to know that there are still good people left out there. I've always been the one to give leniency with people because not everyone has the chances I've been given, but it still really gets under my skin when this sort of thing happens.

Now it's just the bs paper trail game between police reports drs and ins to get stuff taken care of, which is really a pain with the holiday today.

--Dan

WhiteWolf McBride
02-19-2013, 04:27 AM
Hoboy...

Like the theft ain't enough, the BS the insurance companies make ye go through, and then they tell ya its "replacement cost". You buy a replacement, submit the receipt, and they send you the money AFTER they approve it. I lost a computer, TV, stereo VCR, and collection of BattleTech mini's back in '95, and they wouldn't even offer 'seed' money so I could ~start~ to replace it. I told 'em to stuff their policy, and I'd never deal with 'em again.

The only other 'rip' was when I got lazy one evening after an R/C meet, and left the beasties in the car. Came down in the AM, found one door unlocked (think they jimmied it) and they'd taken my babies. ~That~ made me wanna take my ash staff to someone... (5'6" of baseball-bat hardness, owie!)

Now I've learned - if you can't afford to loose it, don't leave it in sight, as someone ~will~ take it. Even the semi-honest someones, as its cheaper than buying it. And don't think " It'll just be out of sight for 30 seconds... " as thats twice as long as they need...

Mark it, label it, make sure people know its YOURS. And don't be obvious about marking... as they'll remove it if they can.

WhiteWolf

Izzy
03-12-2013, 03:56 PM
once enough people have been messed over then society as a whole will have had enough - then there will be change. but until were all ready to shoot someone then I don't see much changing....

1985 kenworth
03-13-2013, 09:05 AM
I agree with all of you but mostly izzy.i too have had my pickup broken into...they stole all ofytools and when i lived in downtown toronto in an apartment building i had some piece of sh;%&$ spray paint some lettering on my 72 lincoln mark 4 that i got from my dad that was parked in the underground and had been there for 7 yrs with no problems before.i blame the parents totally on these kids in society now.most patents are too caught up in their careers and friends to give a sh%&$ about what their kids are doing and now you cannot disipline your children without it being called child abuse.i think the parents while the children are under their roof should be held accountable for their actions i bet you then they will take notice to what their kids are doing.my parents made me and my sisters bring home friends so they could meet them first before we could hang around with them .we were told an encouraged to get part time jobs after school to learn about being responsible and work hard for the things we wanted and to me i appreciate it much more and respect others and their property. And every once in awhile when we got out of line.a good smack would come our way very quickly and my dad was a long haul trucker so it was a little of both worlds...mom and dad and a single parent home at times.i am so sorry for what happened to everyone here but like izzy said,until we take a stand for ourselves nothing will change.there is way more opportunities now then when we were kids...there is no excuse

1985 kenworth
03-13-2013, 09:11 AM
One other thing to add is my parents told us the only time i want to see you at a mall is if you are shopping.and its good sometimes we don't catch them in the act because in some cases we would hurt them badly then go to jail for a spell which would be no fun at all..it would be hard for my wife to try to sneak one of my trucks inside to me in a cake:eek::p

Supermario
03-13-2013, 12:09 PM
In a nut shell...... When I was growing up and I wanted something, my parents said you gotta work for it. Get a job, make some money and you can have what you want.
Today, people think why work for it when you can just steal it from someone who did! Everything is now made to be easy, convenient , no work involved and instant gratification. When you tell a teenager you gotta work for something, it's going to take time, they just roll their eyes like I'm expecting the impossible!

And Izzy is correct. At some point, society will reach what some call Critical Mass. The moment when enough people collectively feeling the same way are able to create real change in the world......can't wait!

Mario

1985 kenworth
03-13-2013, 02:15 PM
Yes i can't wait either mario.i am still angered at the fact that some stranger put their hands on my property with no respect at all so when that day comes and it will all that pent up anger has stewed over the years will come out and i will be at the front of the line or very close as i am sure others feel the same :mad:

onestepbehind
03-17-2013, 04:48 AM
So yesterday after a hard days work, I walk out to my car to find the door partially open and all my stuff from my console and glove box all over my car. I immediately know what happened and am instantly furious and pissed and annoyed. Then it kind of turns into more of a sadness because it hits me that someone was never given the chance to understand how things in life work. Someone won't know that true hard work is more rewarding than getting something for nothing. Instead of knowing that they will just continue down the wrong path until they either hit bottom or someone helps them to realize that it is not easier doing it the wrong way.....

Anyway Back to the story:

Some little punk A*^ Bi*^h decided they didnt need to work for their own things so they'd take mine. It wasn't much that was missing, some loose change, lottery ticket,pack of smokes, and a bottle of medication. All replaceable items but enough to really piss me off. I wish I would have caught the person in act, well prob not because I would have killed them.

To Me it seems like something a kid would do to get some quick cash or free stuff, so again WT* is wrong with society in general that parents or family can't or don't instill manners and morals into their children anymore? I was taught right and wrong as a kid, my kids know right and wrong, and I'm sure most of you guys and gals do to.

I just don't understand why people don't give a flying f*^+ anymore. Life ain't easy and its not free and not everyone is a winner. Man up people and take responsibility and teach your kids something that truly matters

--Dan

this is upsetting to me because its becoming more and more common. im sorry to hear that. it makes me pretty mad that people cant just leave whats not theirs alone. up till about 3 months ago i used to leave the keys to my trucks in the ignition and nobody would bother it. My buddy does the same thing but he got the dvd player that comes out of the dash stolen. did i say does? i mean did. but totally agree with you 100%
As in a couple other posts i saw that there should be other activities for younger kids to do, there was a couple in the next township over from me trying to open a under 21 club for where younger kids have nothing to do can go to and have dances and other games to play...... the township denied it! and we wonder why kids are getting in trouble.