PDA

View Full Version : Winch controls ?

Heavyhaulin
02-25-2013, 07:10 AM
I've got a questions about controlling a winch on my King.
Would a pico-switch be the answer to control in and out functions or would it only work one way? Any help on this would be awesome!

wolfws6
02-25-2013, 12:31 PM
If you have a rc4wd winch, plug it into the receiver, if you have a extra channel available. Or if you have an MFU you can plug it into the MFU where the motorized legs would go, that how I have mine set up on my knight hauler. Hope that helps

Heavyhaulin
02-25-2013, 03:40 PM
That does help a lot, don't know why I didn't think of that. Thanks Wolf

cosworth34677
02-26-2013, 04:26 AM
i've used , 1/18 scale esc's and servo boards to control my 3racing winches. the the one that come with the 3racing winch is pretty good to. but it on off no fine control. servo or esc will give you more control

Heavyhaulin
02-26-2013, 05:32 AM
Thank you that would be even better

Espeefan
02-26-2013, 07:45 AM
I was also going to say if you want a compact little ESC, so you can feather the winch speed, from remote, then a servo circuit board would work really well for that. In fact a servo, itself, would make a great winch. Convert it to continuous rotation and you'd be set. You'd only have to make a cable drum, or throw a chain drive sprocket on the output shaft of the servo, to wind or spool a separate drum. Compact, plenty of power, if you gear it right, or pick the right servo, and proportional control.