PDA

View Full Version : Bull Bars

Cossett
03-04-2013, 03:47 AM
We have all these beautiful trucks on here which is a good thing, then people throw the ugly tamiya bolt on bull bar on which ruins the all that hard work that's been put into the trucks.

It would be great to see someone make a complete bull bar/s that actually fit our trucks properly instead of something that's a last minute bolt on after thought with a mounting plate in the middle and 4 vertical up rights and doesn't look like 1:1 that you would see rolling down the road...

WhiteWolf McBride
03-04-2013, 08:17 AM
Agreed, Cossie!

I begged a while back for just aluminum replacements for the stock Tamiya plastic pieces, and no-one replied. There are all-metal ones available on eBay now, and for about the same price as the Tamiya.

I have one of the all-metal ones, so I could send the uprights from my Tamiya for duplication, if anyone is willing. As there are two tall-inner and two short-outer ones, I could send two sets out as examples. The cross-rods are easily done, 1x X-length, 2x Y-length, tapped for 3mm (the metal-kit ones are smaller, and I hope to re-tap them for 3mm) then the crosspiece for mounting. I'd bet there a good market for 'replacement-uprights'...

I'd also be interested in metal replacements for the flatbed stake mounts, and the stake-posts as well. I could make the posts if I had to, its simply aluminum U-channel with a hole in one end, after all.

I'd like to be able to make some wire cross-bows, so I can turn my Tamiya flat into a curtain-side ragtopper (making the top myself!) so some extra tweaks would be appreciated.

Guys?

Tamiya Cowboy
03-04-2013, 10:10 AM
I happen to know of a scale American style bull guard that will be coming out here soon..

M.Fischersworring
03-04-2013, 10:15 AM
Hi
Do you mean something like this?
http://imageshack.us/a/img841/4888/neues013.jpg
http://imageshack.us/a/img441/410/neues012.jpg

Well,the Reason is almost the Price.
People want to have real good looking Parts but they do not want to pay for the work at all.
150 Euro for a Bullbar as shown is too much.

You can get a Full metal Bullbar at the Asian market,but its only a Copy from the Stock one.

If you really want something special,you have to build one.

Michael

Please note,the Pictures are only Samples.
I do not advertise my work or sell any Part here in this Forum,so please do not ask.

Stuff
03-04-2013, 11:27 AM
very true!

nothing more disappointing then "yay i got a bull bar finally" to see that everyone else has the same... exact... one...