PDA

View Full Version : why?

cosworth34677
03-05-2013, 02:37 PM
why does my hydraulic i just got work if i'm pulling fluid from a dish off to the side but not if i use the tank? i been trying to figure this out all after noon!
driving me crazy. any help thanx

9W Monighan
03-05-2013, 03:15 PM
Is there an air vent in the tank?

Thenewguy
03-05-2013, 04:11 PM
You could have vacuum lock when trying to pull from the tank

cosworth34677
03-05-2013, 04:32 PM
Is there an air vent in the tank?
no , not any i can see.

You could have vacuum lock when trying to pull from the tank
that what i thought too. but i didn't want to poke i hole it the tank

9W Monighan
03-05-2013, 06:03 PM
Why do you think there's a vacuum lock?
Answer: There's no vent.
Think about it, You said it draws fluid from a plate.
The plate is in open air.

cosworth34677
03-05-2013, 06:06 PM
Why do you think there's a vacuum lock?
Answer: There's no vent.
Think about it, You said it draws fluid from a plate.
The plate is in open air.

yep i think thats the problem. i'll put a vent in it tomarrow. just got to come up with something to keep it vent from leaking if it rolls over.

Radio Control Trucker
03-05-2013, 06:56 PM
Instead of poking a hole for a vent, just try loosing the cap. It may allow just enough air into the tank to break the vacuum. I found this as a solution while working with 1:1 tractors. :D :D

You can always poke a hole in the tank later if it doesn't work. :eek: :eek:

- RCT

scalelover
03-05-2013, 08:04 PM
I believe the cap has or is supposed to have a vent section. If your referring to your setup from Spain I'd call him on it.In my email conversations with them the tank was vented for relieving pressure.

--Dan

cosworth34677
03-06-2013, 07:30 AM
I believe the cap has or is supposed to have a vent section. If your referring to your setup from Spain I'd call him on it.In my email conversations with them the tank was vented for relieving pressure.

--Dan

yep the cap has two fittings but the little plate has three spots. im wondering the third spot is supose to have a hole is something there? i sent him a email.

Hi Cosworth.

Make sure your connected to the pick up line of the tank and not the return line.
As there is a weight on the end of it or the line in the tank may be bent down and you may have it upside down. The tank that is.

I fell for that one it took me a few hours to work it out. LOL

Regards Ralph.

ya i so that it has a... well rather manly looking thing on the end and and a fittin the just pours back into the tank. i didn't mix up that but took me a few times to remember witch side of the pump pulled the fluid in and witch side was out