PDA

View Full Version : Decent affordable esc

buzzy16
03-07-2013, 12:48 AM
Hi guys, so I kind of just short circuited my esc so I need a new one, and was wondering what you guys would recommend.

Thanks buzzy

WhiteWolf McBride
03-07-2013, 01:41 AM
Buzzy,

Ya need to give us more info. Brushed or Brushless motor, and whats it driving transmission-wise, and the chassis? single, dual, 6x6 or 8x8, and if you blew it pulling a trailer or hauling a load, weight of the beastie loaded.

And your setup... as I've mentioned in other threads, using a separate Rx pack without disconnecting the power lead between Rx and ESC is usually fatal to one or both devices.

WhiteWolf,
- not the most knowledgable, but knowing some of the tricks...

buzzy16
03-07-2013, 02:01 AM
Ok sorry, and I shorted it out doing nothing to do with normal use, I just accidentally connected 2 pins together on the receiver while I was trying a proof of concept, now the esc light doesn't light up so I'm hoping its just the esc.

Any way, I've got an r620 stock apart from a brushed 55t motor and rc4wd r2 2 speed transmission, and I will be hauling an izzy built live bottom trailer soon

And the setup is battery to esc to receiver.

Thanks for the help, buzzy

cosworth34677
03-10-2013, 03:49 AM
i use three type and never gone wrong with them, on all my rides .
1. castle creations sidewinder v2 (not the sc2 only runs 7.4vlipo) i run one in my excavator and in my tamiya hilux and pajero
2. dyaminte tazer lipo. only runs 7.4v but have ran 11.1 batterys on it if you a bec i run one in my man work truck and in my dump trailer .
3. dymaite fuze brushless ecs. i got these in my two touring cars and in my scania new to me but they work great and easy to set up.

i also run bec's in my trucks so so i can take some of the strain off the esc when running alot of servos, or pulling someting heavy . i've also have a mamba,25 that gets used time time for little things, its so old its crazy but the ting stilll works fine. and i've had good luc with lrp esc's i don't like tamiya speed controllers fine if you just run a sivler can with no load . also had tons of novaks esc's but they are kind of pricey

Claus
03-10-2013, 10:06 AM
I like Tekin FXR.

Espeefan
03-11-2013, 09:10 PM
The Tekin FXR is a great choice. I've got two of them myself. I like their small footprint, and they are plenty capable of running just about anything.