PDA

View Full Version : slow bucket on excavator?

cosworth34677
03-07-2013, 02:00 PM
hey guys sorry about all the questions, but im new to hydraulics,
ok my buck on my brude cinvered excavator is kind of funky it curls great but it returns slow. am im on the right track thinkingits the servo not opening the valve enough? or is this something nomal, or what going on? thanx for in put

Lil Giants
03-07-2013, 02:54 PM
You may have to adjust center, and/or add more travel to the throw on that side of servo rotation... providing you have a radio with that type of programming adjustment... if not, you'll have to do it manually by changing positioning on the servo splines.

cosworth34677
03-07-2013, 03:25 PM
im using a flysky 9x

cosworth34677
03-07-2013, 05:22 PM
ok all my rams are going slow. i think its my fault ...well me and my landlords fault. i tryed something he said and now nothing works. he said to add a few drops of oil to the antifreeze to help lub up the rams. well now i got milk shake and don't know how to fix it. i don't want to keep running the pump with nothing happening . so what to do? take it all apart and start over? help!!!

fhhhstix
03-07-2013, 05:48 PM
Yep get it all rinsed out with water. Take it from a mechanic oil and antifreeze do not mix as you just found out the hard way. When you refill the system use automotive antifreeze as it has lubricants and anti corrosive agents in it and it is just as safe as the RV antifreeze.

Travis

cosworth34677
03-08-2013, 04:12 AM
Yep get it all rinsed out with water. Take it from a mechanic oil and antifreeze do not mix as you just found out the hard way. When you refill the system use automotive antifreeze as it has lubricants and anti corrosive agents in it and it is just as safe as the RV antifreeze.

Travis

ya i shouldof know better. being a car guy and a few blown head gaskets and turbo blowups . i gotten oild in the antifreeze, i should on known that was going to happen. i got it all cleaned out. now the problem i had with the bucket has moved to th stick. pushing the ram is crazy strong but pulling it really weak. i adjusted all the servos to go full throw but it dosen't seem to fix the problem..

ok this is a case of leave well enough alone lol :o

Lil Giants
03-08-2013, 08:50 AM
Weak as in swinging thru the air or trying to material with the stick?

B/c your hydraulic power is half while retracting the cyl inward vs extending - pushing on the entire surface area of the piston.

cosworth34677
03-08-2013, 03:27 PM
In the air . The hydaulics work great pushing into the dirt . But lifting the boom out of the hole is no power. Or just eoungh to lift it . And the pump is pinning away like mad but no power. But its fine the other way full powe

cosworth34677
03-09-2013, 04:04 AM
ya i put the antifreeze back in it it working better but not great as it was brand new. antifreeze is nastyer then oil to me it dose like to dry dose it? and it gets sticky when it dose.