PDA

View Full Version : Wedico CAT 966G Euro-Spec vs US-Spec electronic setup

ptebbe
03-16-2013, 01:22 PM
I've been using the loader I bought from Nate and having lots of fun with it. However, when I got it the lighting and sound were not set up, detracting from the realism of the model.

I finally got to hooking up the 2 additional control boards, the bulbs, and the speaker included with the model, but nothing worked!!
I spoke to Ric at Precision Modeling and he said that the model out of the box will not work with USA radios! (You need a Euro-spec radio that splits single channels into multiple signals, allowing for turn signals, brake, headlights, etc.)

So Ric sent me a new wiring diagram, and after some tinkering I finally got everything to work. I wanted to share this info here to spare anyone else the trouble of having to figure it out themselves.

Here's how the model is set up:
2 sticks control steering/throttle and up/down&scoop/dump.
1 channel for sound on-off (startup/shut down.)
1 channel for hydraulic pump on-off (to save battery)
1 channel for lights on-off plus select high or low-beam
1 channel for rotating beacon on-off
1 channel for latching/unlatching the lift-mounted accessores.

Brake lights always function, as do the back-up lights.

Control is via Spectrum DX10t.
Paul

ptebbe
03-16-2013, 01:48 PM
Here is the standard wiring diagram. Note that the ESC and the Diesel Engine Noise module are both contained within the silver box with the rheostat adjusters on the top.

The following changes have to be made:
-get rid of the control board at the end of the ribbon cable (not the switch board)
-get rid of the lighting control boards front and rear
-hookup the speaker as shown
-BRAKE light: connect the green/yellow cable to both brake-light bulbs, wired in series and then connect into a positive battery lead.
-SOUND: white wire connected to an electronic switch (I used Dimension Engineering PICO switch) then patched into negative battery lead.
-REVERSE lights: 2 bulbs wired in series with red/black leads from the drive motor plus a diode on one lead (so they only light up when in reverse.)
Headlights are controlled by a Dimension Engineering DeLight controller...LEDs were used instead of the included bulbs.
Manual switch for hyrdraulic pump was replaced with a DE Battleswitch.