PDA

View Full Version : in tank return hose?

cosworth34677
03-24-2013, 04:15 AM
hey i got a question? is it better for the return hose to exit under the hydraulic fluid or out of the fluid? on my little kit i got for spain it just exits into the tank there is knothing on the other side of the hose.

talking to the guy that fixes our crane truck at work, he siad it dosen't have to but it woudn't hurt if it did. he said some times he noticed that pump sounds
smoother and shave less bubbling? (what ever that means) what do you guys think?

carp
03-24-2013, 12:42 PM
splashing in the tank causes bubbles makes the pump sound funny, mine are submerged.

cdm
03-24-2013, 02:37 PM
Doesnt matter as far as air; its the intake that is important to always be under water. If its aerating, it isnt bled proper. With the german hydro fluid you have to stop it and let air bleed out of the oil. You cant bleed the system while its running as the air doesn't really leave fast, so you just keep sucking it in and over constantly.

So start pump, move a cyl, stop. let the foam go away. repeat until no more foam. Took me a good 30 minutes last time i did it to get it clear