PDA

View Full Version : servo turns all the way left and does not center

farmhauler
03-27-2013, 07:05 PM
As soon as I plugged in the battery and turned on the receiver and transmitter, my shifting servo went all the to the left and will not center itself. I tried taking the horn off and it did the same thing. Any suggestions?

dabears
03-27-2013, 08:17 PM
will it move when you move the sticks on the radio? if so it may be centering itself when powering on?

Make sure your trims are set to 0 and centered and not on a switch for testing purposes

farmhauler
03-27-2013, 08:25 PM
when i move the stick on the radio it changes the sound of the buzzing of the servo. I think it is shot, i have tried putting the trims to 0 and everything. it is a cheap standard servo so that might just be it

Espeefan
03-27-2013, 10:05 PM
Sounds like the potentiometer is not being driven by the output shaft of the servo anymore. If the potentiometer is not centered, the servo is going to move the direction it thinks it needs to, to satisfy what the potentiometer feedback is telling the servo.

If you can turn the servo shaft, with the power off, both directions, to it's hard stop, and everytime you turn the power on and it moves the same direction, then I would disassemble the servo and check to see if the gears and pot are all right. Might be an easy fix.

farmhauler
03-28-2013, 07:29 AM
i disassembled it and all of the gears seem to be in good condition...and no broken solders or loose connections.

Stuff
03-28-2013, 07:48 AM
potentiometer is my guess to. not sure how to fix that. might be cheaper and easier on the hair line to get a new one. or buy a nice big strong steering servo and upgrade lol

farmhauler
03-28-2013, 08:05 AM
Ya im thinking i may have to bite the bullet and get a better quality one for shifting. I have a heavy duty Futaba for steering and it works perfectly so i might just throw that one in there