PDA

View Full Version : Servo Glitching & Stopping?

rockNmayhem
03-30-2013, 06:17 PM
Ok, so I have been trying to trace this problem since early December and cant seem to come up with any solutions. I started out with one radio, had glitching and switched to a brand new Hitec servo and that didn't make any difference. I unhooked everything besides the esc and servo and still no change. I switched radios and left them the same as before hooked up and still had the same glitching and sticking problem.

Well tonight I decided to pull the tractor off the shelf and put in my new airtronix receiver and see if I could get the problem to go away and to prove to myself I had no idea what was going on it changed nothing at all. I decided to try the airtronix as that is what I'm going to be using anyways and put another new servo in that I have had in Clifford for quite a while with no problems and as I figured, the same exact problem.

I have moved wires changed servo's and switched out radios and receivers and no matter what I have done nothing seems to change my situation.

I also back in January switched from a tekin fxr setup to a castle esc and venom motor but I had the problem before that and also the same problem after so I don't believe there is any connection between that either as it didn't seem to affect anything differently.

Please help me out all you electronics guru's:confused:

Thanks,

Tyler

dabears
03-30-2013, 07:58 PM
What about putting in a BEC?

rockNmayhem
03-30-2013, 08:16 PM
What about putting in a BEC?

Thanks Aaron but I've added one and taken it back out just to see. It did nothing to affect the outcome. I am running the bec now in my loader so I know it's working fine as well there. I am STUMPED!!!:eek:

Tyler

Espeefan
03-31-2013, 07:04 AM
I'll bet it's something to do with the fact that the servo is basically encased in what amounts to be a metal box. Your probably get some sort of electrical noise feeding back. Does it do it only when you are driving the model? Does it work fine if the model is stopped?

Check this thread out - I found it very interesting. I've never had servos glitch, but if I do, I might try this.

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=6518&highlight=capacitors

rockNmayhem
03-31-2013, 08:44 PM
I'll bet it's something to do with the fact that the servo is basically encased in what amounts to be a metal box. Your probably get some sort of electrical noise feeding back. Does it do it only when you are driving the model? Does it work fine if the model is stopped?

Check this thread out - I found it very interesting. I've never had servos glitch, but if I do, I might try this.

http://www.rctruckandconstruction.com/showthread.php?t=6518&highlight=capacitors

Nathan the servo has a mind of its own whether it is stopped or moving. It seems to be doing it. What really floors me is that when I had it at St. Louis I had no problems of the sort, I just fried an esc while I was there. I will check out the idea of interference from it being surrounded by all metal. I'll also have to check into what you guys are calling "choke" wire protector as I've never heard of it.

I may just pull everything out of the tractor tomorrow evening and test it all outside of the unit and see what it is doing. If it doesn't glitch and works good I will consider it being the interference from the all metal frame surrounding the servo and wires.

It also wouldn't hurt to clean the tractor up a bit either.

I will get back with you guys on what I come up with.

Thanks again,
Tyler

doodlebug
04-01-2013, 08:26 AM
Try this link to radio shack for "chokes', http://www.radioshack.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2032273 Hope this helps!
Cheer's, Neil.