PDA

View Full Version : Locked diffs and suspension travel

Lmackattack
04-30-2013, 12:27 AM
Thought I would share a few mods and results.

I installed low profile servos up fromt,moved the trans and motor assy forward put a rc4wd 4:1 reduction unit ,3 rc4wd driveshafts with a center carrier bearing, rc4wd locker spool in the rear rear diff and left the front open. Moved my 5th wheel a scale foot forward of the tandem center line , cut the axel stops off so the rears articulate better, new tires with on/off road tread... and what a difference it made in the off road.:eek:

It steers better with more weight up front and the 5th wheel placement. Climbs over 1-1/2" bumps with ease, and can drag a trailer around with great traction..

Before all these mods this thing would get stuck on a little gap in the ground.not anymore!

Some of these mods were noted from members here just wanted to say thanks and glad I joined this forum...it's been a big help and glad to be back in this hobby...

Stuff
04-30-2013, 12:39 AM
that is why im going 6wd :D

Claus
04-30-2013, 09:14 AM
that is why im going 6wd :D

And that is why I'm going 8X8 with locking diffs.:D

JAMMER
04-30-2013, 02:40 PM
You don,t kneed 6x6 if you are set up right. What he did is what you have to do with the real thing, get the weight on the drives moving the fifth wheel did that. When I drove a dump trailer I always had the fifth wheel set 2 to 3 inches a head of center of the read drives. Any were behind that takes the weight off the drives. Tamiya has the fifth wheel set to far back. Ed

dabears
04-30-2013, 08:25 PM
Glad the mods helped out!!