PDA

View Full Version : turn signal question for all

tc1cat
04-30-2013, 11:44 AM
I will be introducing a square turn signal to be mounted on the fender either in a custom style or as a direct replacement for the stock Tamiya turn signals. My question for everyone is this: would you prefer amber lenses on both sides or amber lens on the front and a red lens on the back?

ihbuilder
04-30-2013, 11:51 AM
every 1:1 I've had , had amber front red back

Dairyland Trucker
04-30-2013, 02:10 PM
should be available both ways to please the masses

civic83
04-30-2013, 03:30 PM
i like the amber/red, but amber/amber might be nice too

BRICKNICK
04-30-2013, 09:19 PM
If I must choose I say amber/red, but amber/amber would be useful like in mounting it upside down mid way down the underside of your trailer. Perhaps both was would be the most popular approach.

tc1cat
05-01-2013, 07:49 AM
Looks like I will need to get more lenses :rolleyes: The square turn signals will be offered with both red and amber lenses.

Thanks for the feedback. I am planning a 5-10-13 unveiling of these 2 styles of turn signals. With about a 2 week period before the next new item.

Looks like the standard bezels will go back into production around the beginning of June. Only real big change is that the black plastic bezels will no longer be offered unless special ordered. I am going to try and keep a supply of the aluminum bezels on hand unless "Smiley" wipes me out :lol:

spudd
05-01-2013, 08:36 AM
sounds like great news to me Lynn

Smiley
05-01-2013, 09:37 AM
I can't make any promises :p:D lol

Keith

kingbob
05-02-2013, 04:41 AM
Amber/amber would be great for adding a load the the frame of a trailer, but then so would amber/red.

And i'll be hitting you up for some bezels once you're ready too!

tc1cat
05-02-2013, 11:21 AM
Got some GREAT news yesterday. Looks like the standard aluminum bezels will definitely be available starting around the beginning of June. I am hoping for a maximum lead time of 2 days on most orders- just enough time for me to assemble them.

The square turn signals will hit the shelves next Friday with the second new item in another 2 weeks if the mods approve them by then. I am making the new parts every day right now so I hope I can keep my lead time on these to a maximum of 1 week.

1985 kenworth
05-04-2013, 08:58 PM
yes lynn i have been waiting patiently:D:Di will need more bezels too when you are ready.the amber/amber can be used for signal lights on a trailer near the middle of the bottom rail.i have seen them used there on some of the van trailers i haul...and hey kids ...remember you got that idea from ole 85 kenworth:D

fhhhstix
05-04-2013, 09:05 PM
the amber/amber can be used for signal lights on a trailer near the middle of the bottom rail.i have seen them used there on some of the van trailers i haul...and hey kids ...remember you got that idea from ole 85 kenworth:D

Great idea but keep your eyes open you may find a better option for that. ;)

Travis

1985 kenworth
05-04-2013, 09:13 PM
awesome i will:D:D

BRICKNICK
05-04-2013, 11:38 PM
yes lynn i have been waiting patiently:D:Di will need more bezels too when you are ready.the amber/amber can be used for signal lights on a trailer near the middle of the bottom rail.i have seen them used there on some of the van trailers i haul...and hey kids ...remember you got that idea from ole 85 kenworth:D

Hey I just said that earlier LOL....its ok your way of stating it was more descriptive. But now I'm keeping my eyes open for the "better option" Travis is referring too.

1985 kenworth
05-06-2013, 01:11 PM
You and me both..... bricknick..