PDA

View Full Version : Pissed off to the highest point of pissitivity

Smiley
04-30-2013, 01:25 PM
Well what I want to say would prolly get this thread and me deleted off the forum :-). So here's the clean version :-)lol. Some sorry a$$ (yaw can insert as many cuss words as ya want to here) stole my debit card number somehow and charged some stuff but luckily I didn't have enough money to cover it :-) but I can't use that money I get it all taken care of. It sucks

Supermario
04-30-2013, 04:48 PM
Sorry to hear Keith.
I feel your pain. The same thing happened to me a couple years ago. Someone hacked my debit and managed to get 1,500 bucks out before the bank figured out what was going on and shut them down.
I didn't even know it had happened, the bank called me and asked me a few questions then told me what happened. Fortunately, they re imbursed me right away.
Once they know you been hacked, and it wasn't your doing, they should put the cash back in your account Immediately as far as I'm concerned! It was their security system that failed, why should you suffer?!!

But, what ya gonna do eh ?...... Keep smiling bud :):):)

Mario

modelman
04-30-2013, 04:51 PM
Smiley-I know exactly how you feel because the same thing happened to me a while back. They hit me pretty hard($1500) but thankfully my bank covered me. Maybe yours will do the same. I found a simple solution. I don't use credit cards anymore. It's a shame that a few lazy a$$ slackers can ruin an entire world but I think that is what's happening and it's gonna get worse.

Brel
04-30-2013, 04:52 PM
that really sucks man

I had my credit card hacked about ten years ago and allegedly took a flight to Italy from the UK, I was in hospital at the time and my card was at home in a safe, after much agro from Barclaycard I got the £700 refunded to my card

scalelover
04-30-2013, 11:08 PM
I feel you on this one. In 2011 my ebay/ Paypal account was hacked and they maxed out a my linked credit card to the tune of 7,000K and my bank account was hit for a bit over 800.00 but that's when it got flagged by my bank and then PayPal put a hold on account as well as my bank,but he best part was they processed the first ones and were able to go after them. It ended up being Some punk kid who was buying characters for an online game off eBay....HA at least he was caught and prosecuted for it. How dumb could you be to use your parents email/ebay accounts if your going to hack another account and use it illegally.

Serves him right though, for being a theif and dumba$$ whats great is I get an update from the state roughly every 6 - 9 months about his parole hearings asking if I'd like to speak at one of them...if only I could make the trip to Nevada to do so...

--Dan

Stuff
05-01-2013, 01:00 AM
all those scamming people suck!!

buddy has an unique banking system at a credit union. his accounts have letters in it and still somehow they managed to skim his account!

1985 kenworth
08-30-2013, 12:19 AM
i feel your pain also.i had my credit card compromised to the tune of $1200 for diesel fuel and the only reason the bank caught it right away is i write something on all of my fuel purchase receipts especially something of that amount and the bank noticed it was not on there and called me the next day and informed me of it.they reimbursed me and cancelled that card,and back when we still had those big a$$ huge flip phones with the car battery attached to it(exaggerated)my cell number got hacked to a bogus phone and they managed to rack up $800 in long distance phone calls from reno nevada to vancouver.the cell co.at that time questioned me was i ever in any of those 2 places before and because i hadn't they too also covered the bogus calls.if they want to get it they will no matter what you do ,but if you make it difficult for them where it takes too long they will likely give up and move on to the next one,remember they have a certain window before it will be noticed.i change my password all the time and check accounts almost daily to keep on top of things and so far knock on wood everything has been good so far.sorry to hear about all of you here in this thread:(

grumpygrady
09-01-2013, 03:23 AM
just be sure and ask your bank about what to do .some want you to file a police report
mine did not they filed and put the money right back in my account , and it was fuel from a place south of us ,I think we got caught by one of those card readers at a fuel stop down there but I don't use diesel at all ,much less by the $100 each time ten times in a row lol ,your bank will work with you on your loss as it is there loss also

sundance
09-07-2013, 10:40 AM
That stinks! Thanks for the warning. :cop: