PDA

View Full Version : full throw on a turngy 9x

cosworth34677
05-02-2013, 05:54 PM
ok this is a big thing because i think its whats giving me problems with my excavator valves being weak.

i have a flysky9x(same as the many 9x's) and i have all the servo settings at full e.points 120%. but if i take the servo out and put a servo horn on it i looking like it only trurns about 45-60%. am i missing a function that will make them go full throw? if this is understandable please help! im still running the stock program so please no setting that needs the firmware updates or other firmware. thanks .

rockNmayhem
05-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Flysky is actually different than the Turnigy 9x in programming as I have both. You are on the right track with the end point adjustment letting it go all the way but the thing you are forgetting is not all servos go the same distance in travel. Some servos can go 180* in rotation as some other cheapo servos may only go 45*-60* each direction.

I have run into this problem before buying some servos that didn't swing the full 180* that I needed and they only went to about a 60* angle each direction.

You may try throwing a different servo on the channel and checking it that way as well.

Tyler

cosworth34677
05-02-2013, 07:25 PM
Flysky is actually different than the Turnigy 9x in programming as I have both. You are on the right track with the end point adjustment letting it go all the way but the thing you are forgetting is not all servos go the same distance in travel. Some servos can go 180* in rotation as some other cheapo servos may only go 45*-60* each direction.

I have run into this problem before buying some servos that didn't swing the full 180* that I needed and they only went to about a 60* angle each direction.

You may try throwing a different servo on the channel and checking it that way as well.

Tyler

ya just found this out. the servos im using are the hitec hs-55 mini servos's and they dont seem to go as far as the cheapo tower pro's that came with the kit. go figure? i guess im going to have to gett some new servo's

rockNmayhem
05-02-2013, 07:54 PM
I use my hitec 55's for my valves and they turn 180* for me on my Turnigy with no problem. I actually have them backed down some in my loader that I am using an Airtronics 8ch on because I don't need them to travel the full 150% that the radio programming will allow.

Tyler

cosworth34677
05-02-2013, 08:12 PM
I use my hitec 55's for my valves and they turn 180* for me on my Turnigy with no problem. I actually have them backed down some in my loader that I am using an Airtronics 8ch on because I don't need them to travel the full 150% that the radio programming will allow.

Tyler
well i think its the receiver then. i been playing around with a few radios i got ant they work great on all the other radio's , i also tryed a flysky 6 channel and it seems to work ok? i don't know what the deal is. i may replace the receiver there pretty cheap.