PDA

View Full Version : Tranny help!!!!!!

Hounddad
05-13-2013, 12:56 AM
Get your minds out of the gutter.

I am building my first semi, a Globe Liner. I didn't wait to put the body on to test the MFU and trans out(good thing).
I am shocked to discover no 2nd gear, 1st and 3rd seem fine.
I believe I followed the directions for proper assembly.

Any help?

RoadFlyer
05-13-2013, 03:13 AM
Sort of happened to me...I had no 1st gear. I adjusted the servo link to the transmission and finally got all 3 gears. You might want to try that. Just my 2 cents.

Dairyland Trucker
05-13-2013, 08:24 AM
Maybe dabears will chime in on this one because he was just up to the shop last week and one of my show trucks was doing the same thing maybe he can better explain what he found the problem to be.

dabears
05-13-2013, 10:11 AM
Check the bushings in the trans to make sure they are all in the right spots and not slipping out. Take the case off the trans and run thru the gears with the motor on. Look for for anything not moving or sliding correctly. I will try to open one up and take a picture of what I am talking about to check. should be the 3rd sprocket from the rear of the trans that is your second gear I belive. Ill double check for you. Also double check the rod from the servo to the trans, make sure it is the right size and adjust if needed just 1mm off and it could give you an issue too.....

Hounddad
05-13-2013, 10:47 AM
Thanks guys.

Will check adjustments.
Thanks for the ucoming pics also, visuals are a great help.

1985 kenworth
05-14-2013, 02:14 PM
:oYea i am having that problem with my bj's kw i built many and this is the first for.me.thanks i will check mine also

Hounddad
05-18-2013, 08:25 PM
Well long story short....Tamiya calls them J6&J8 in the manual, well I apparently switched them.
All seems good now.

Lmackattack
05-19-2013, 01:27 AM
It's a common mistake. I just bought a globe off eBay and had the same issue with the trans. Seams they installed the 2 chrome j6-j8 backwards and did not put a cir clip in to hold it. It caused the shift forks to not fully engauge 2nd gear. If your radio has end point adjustment that is another way to fine tune the throw of the servo.