PDA

View Full Version : Goldhofer tweaking...

WhiteWolf McBride
05-28-2013, 07:23 PM
:(Guys & Gals,

I know I asked in a few other threads, but got no replies.

I even PM'd a few of the fabricators, again with no replies.

So now I'm posting here, as I ~think~ this is where it belongs:

Has anyone considered replacing the plastic parts for the trailer ramp hinges, as the guy in the German thread did?

Here is the picture: http://i42.tinypic.com/jpu047.jpg

I'd be willing to send off my parts to one of the fabricators to have him replicate them. Then ~ALL~ of us Carson Goldhofer owners could have them available, plus they'd be available for those custom trailer/ramp projects.

If I don't get any replies here, I may try the local RC guys, but they are mostly gassers (car & aircraft) and boaters (electric) and just mebbe my 1:1 auto garage might know some place...

WhiteWolf
- dismay'd at the complete lack of interest from the group, :confused:
fabricators... AND Goldie owners... :(

apfubar
05-29-2013, 12:41 AM
Other option is aluminium, if that is too hand...

The other question is, assuming you are looking for more strength... What will break instead of the hinges once they are metal?

Just something to think about..

Finally have you thought about drawing up some profiles and seeing if you can get a quote from any of the machining services(I think there are some lists on which you can post a job for a quote from a variety of shops).

Cheers,
AP

WhiteWolf McBride
05-30-2013, 12:12 AM
Ah.

Well, self-fabrication isn't an option, as I can't bore the hole for the axle-shaft, even if I could cut the slots with a file or Dremel.

And its not as much for strength as for durability, and being able to put a setscrew in one of the pieces (as seen in the image) to lock the axle in place.

I guess I'll take some wander-time in the local Home Depot, Rona & mebbe Lowes to see if I can find some generic hardware that could be adapted to the job.

I thought I'd ask here first, as I thought there were enough Goldhofer owners on the Forum that having the parts manufactured would be an option. Clearly people here care more about " Bling-parts " that structural parts.

WhiteWolf

Espeefan
05-30-2013, 10:12 AM
Wolf, I don't think it's a matter of people not wanting these parts. I think it's just a matter of not many people owning the trailer. I've only seen two of these trailers posted on this forum. Yours is only the third. None the less, those ramp hinges don't look very difficult to machine, but they would take a little time.