PDA

View Full Version : slipping rubber tracks?

cosworth34677
06-15-2013, 09:42 AM
hey is there anything i can put on the drive wheels on the a bruder mini excavator with rubber tracks to ads some traction. they tend to slip when im trying to turn.

i was thinking of adding thin layer of silcon.

WhiteWolf McBride
06-15-2013, 11:54 AM
Cossie:

Option #1 : some heat-shrink tubing, carefully applied, then roughened with sandpaper.

Option #2 : some of that anti-skip floor tape (looks like black emery-paper tape)

Option #3 : See if there is a way you can put a drive sprocket in the drive wheel, and then punch some drive-holes in the rubber track. Think like the sprockets on a bicycle (RobotShop probably has ones you could use...)

Option #4 : Replace the track altogether, perhaps with some track and drive sprocket from one of the HL Pz 3, Pz. 4, or M41.

Just tossing options...

cosworth34677
06-15-2013, 12:41 PM
thanks i like option 1 and 2. seem to can be done easy without any major redesigning

WhiteWolf McBride
06-15-2013, 12:52 PM
*nods*

And buying a roll of the anti-slip tape, if/wjhen it peels ow wears out, you can re-apply it!

If ya go the heat-shrink way, be careful ya dun warp th drive wheel getting the tubing snugged down. Heck, even some thin rubber tubing snugged over the rin might do (like a slice of inner-tube from a 10-speed tire, or such...)

Always ready to think outside the box...
(and who sacly won't make either of the Southern Ontario meets in June... *sigh*)

Rvjimd
06-15-2013, 01:48 PM
Cos,

When you figure this out would you mind posting a closeup picture of your solution?

This sounds like the sort of thing that may be useful in a lot of other similar applications.

Jim

rc_farmer
07-23-2013, 03:47 PM
Glue some sandpaper to the drive wheel.....works on my Cat tractor