PDA

View Full Version : Can you make a dual direction servo run only one way?

Supermario
06-17-2013, 07:23 PM
Hey all.
My dump trailer uses a mini servo to lock and unlock the tailgate. My problem is, the Wireless kit I have installed on the trailer only allows me one function which I use for box up and down. I installed a y connector to include the tailgate servo when the box is triggered. When I raise the box the servo unlocks but when I lower the servo moves beyond or to the other side of the lock pin which means when the box comes down it locks but it locks for good! The next time I want to raise it can't open the gate.
What I want is to only run the servo in one direction during box up. When going down it would be in neutral position, the tailgate would not close completely because it would come in contact with the face of the servo arm. Once all the way down all I would have to do is run the box up function for a moment, the arm would get out of the way, the tailgate closes and then locks when up function is stopped.
I thought the red was power in and the black and white were each direction so I made a little jumper and tried only connecting 2 of the 3 wires. In one set up I had barely any movement, tried the other and had nothing.
So rather than run through the rest of the possibilities of which wire where I thought I would ask this long winded question about making a dual action servo a single direction only?

Thanks for any help or input.

Oh, it's a Hitech hs65 servo if that matters.

Mario

Supermario
06-17-2013, 08:03 PM
Thought about it some more. I'm going to modify the lock pin on the tailgate so the servo won't get caught on the backside.....
But I still wanna know how these servos are wired :)

Mario

ihbuilder
06-17-2013, 08:03 PM
don't know on the electrical issue . You could doo a mechanical lock like I did on my 9370 I'll see If I can dig up the pics .

ihbuilder
06-17-2013, 10:27 PM
the little trip dog that hits the frame when the body is down . where the linkage rod attaches is what hits the frame . well a crossmember . the spring is what opens the latch . I did this with no tools other then a dremel and using scrap metal salvage from some job

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz230/ihbuilder/bellcrank.jpg

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz230/ihbuilder/gatelatch.jpg

Supermario
06-18-2013, 08:26 PM
Ok guys, I have to man up...... I'm an idiot! And I post questions way to quick without doing my homework nowadays :confused::rolleyes:...... There is no problem with the tailgate operation , never was. Just needed servo arm adjustment. To make a long story short, Izzy thought of everything! The anchor screw on the tailgate hits the arm and stays within range on box down and the tailgate opens and closes perfect!
I'm just glad I didn't do any damage in my time of haste and now very happy to say the trailer is done and ready for the show in less than two weeks:eek: time to get the loader ready now:eek::eek:

Mario