PDA

View Full Version : Deadlines suck....

Supermario
06-18-2013, 08:40 PM
We all know how deadlines at work suck and can cause undo pressure or stress. Just recently I commented to someone that I found a deadline was helping me stay motivated with the hobby and building more....well, I've changed my mind. It's not helping! Jumping to conclusions, seeing problems where none exists, not seeing the obvious...etc.

Amazing how different the build goes when your not in the right frame of mind for it:eek:

I get it now, maybe I won't have everything ready for the Clifford show, so what, there's always next year!....and the same goes for Indy!

Everyone has there own plan and pace, do what works best for you right!?

Thanks for listening. :o

Mario

RCP57
06-18-2013, 10:23 PM
Mario Stop wasting time writing and get back to work. :cop: :D

X2

Espeefan
06-19-2013, 12:43 AM
I agree! You'll never get anything done if you hang around on the forum! That's my excuse, anyway. :D I spend to much time looking at everyone else's awesome builds, rather then building my own models!

Supermario
06-19-2013, 05:42 AM
Mario Stop wasting time writing and get back to work. :cop: :D

X2

I agree! You'll never get anything done if you hang around on the forum! That's my excuse, anyway. :D I spend to much time looking at everyone else's awesome builds, rather then building my own models!

Thanks guys :o your absolutely right. More working less posting :bounce::rolleyes:

Radio Control Trucker
06-19-2013, 06:11 PM
All Work and No Play Makes Mario a Dull Boy!! :lol:

Build at your own pace, use the ideas from the forum that you like to improve your own replicas, and ask for assistance, if need be.

Above all - REMEMBER TO HAVE FUN!! :bounce:

- RCT

BRICKNICK
06-20-2013, 09:06 PM
Uh Mario dont you have work to finish lol less talkie more workie ......do your thing my friend. If it isn't finished for a certain show oh well, too bad. Plus we all know in this hobby there is no such thing as a finished truck. If you can show me a finished truck , ill show you someone who doesn't stay current with the new products our vendors keep turning out. LOL .... Plus Mario your half finished projects are nicer then any stock tamiya kit around.

Supermario
06-21-2013, 06:00 PM
Uh Mario dont you have work to finish lol less talkie more workie ......do your thing my friend. If it isn't finished for a certain show oh well, too bad. Plus we all know in this hobby there is no such thing as a finished truck. If you can show me a finished truck , ill show you someone who doesn't stay current with the new products our vendors keep turning out. LOL .... Plus Mario your half finished projects are nicer then any stock tamiya kit around.

Thanks Nick. Not to worry, I'm back to my usual building mode :D.
You know those moments as you build you get new ideas and things you want to do that come up? When I was working and thinking about the deadline, new ideas didn't fit the timetable.... That's when it all started feeling like. Work :eek: not play:bounce:

No more rush and things are going great again. Got the loader up and running last night:D. Installing the fan tonight and another job off the to do list:D

Mario

1985 kenworth
08-26-2013, 08:42 AM
Mario work at your own pace.when we did clifford Optimus was far from being done but i brought him out to display.i agree there never is a finished truck because of the awesome talents of the vendors and fellow builders like yourself.you get some cool ideas from everyone here, in example look at Zeus, i was looking at early pictures of Zeus when i first got it 3 years ago and it has been changed and improved so much since then .take your time.its not a race ;).keep up the excellent work, winter is coming with so much time.did you talk to shawn about the fall fair in october we might be doing this year?