PDA

View Full Version : Servonaut

MoRockN
07-01-2013, 08:39 PM
Hello fellas, after building a few trucks now and mixing and matching electronics to make do with what I had, and after building a few machines and rigs with servonaut electronics I started to notice that the Wedico and MFU unites are just not gonna cut it. SO, I called a place here in the US to keep business where it should be, I got the Ok that since my order is large and that he always keeps the same amount of items in stock it should be in fast and no need to prepay cause if I dont take them other customers will and I will get it in 3-4 weeks max. I said I need a fairly large number of items. Not to worry he said. So I'm not in a hurry, it's December so I'm busy with work anyways. 4 weeks go by, where is my order?? "The tracking # says it should be here soon, 2-3 days max", Ok ! Another 2 weeks went by, where is the order? "Oh they haven't got all the items in stock so they held it to save on shipping...", now if you read the first part at this point you should be saying ( WTF ??? ) . Ok sooo, they promised it will be expedited and will only take 3 weeks . OK. Another 4 weeks went by. Where is my order?? "Oh , they held it back cause they said I still owe them money...". Yeah so right now I am not a happy camper. I told the fella you know you're gonna miss out on this, and probably on other things as I will never order from you again. All I needed was the truth. If he would've told me from the get go that he is in a pickle with servonaut I would've gone with plan B and everything would've been kosher . So plan B it is, called my contact in Germany, 2.5 weeks later, here it is. I will never have to order another servonaut item again or at least for a very time.
http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh533/Morockn1/null_zpsac7b6d60.jpg

SonoranWraith
07-01-2013, 11:45 PM
Wow "the doctor" loved you! Nice order! I have been going stright to Germany whenever possible too. Check CTI electronics as well, very nice micro switches and escs. :D AFV also only takes a couple weeks.

RCKiwi
07-02-2013, 02:31 AM
Crickey! Santa has come early! I'd be living in the dog box, after I got a dog and built the box, if I ordered all that! Very nice!:cool:

To be fair - I think naming this thread servonaut may be off the mark. I feel your pain with the delay, but I'm guessing there is a considerable investment sitting there and I certainly wouldnt be blaming servonaut for not sending the gear if a third party is letting the team down.

Who is this dodgy dealer?

Stuff
07-02-2013, 05:02 PM
jeeze! that took some deep pockets!

Espeefan
07-03-2013, 01:19 AM
Wow....you could start your own hobby shop with that stock!

I understand that not all shops can stock everything I want, but if they don't have what I need and they offer to order it for me, I might as well just order it myself. I end up waiting just as long, and sometimes less then I expected, when I place my own orders from shops in Germany. I've had great results doing it that way so far!

MoRockN
07-03-2013, 03:22 PM
I try to give some business to the locals. People that try to make it to every show to get their name out and want to earn some business, but actually don't care that much about customer service. Well the sad truth is business will not grow without customer service.

Stuff- No deep pockets here, just sold a few things and been saving for it for a long while. As I do for most of my stuff. Sold my 1/1 race car and slowly spending the money on smaller trucks.

Supermario
07-03-2013, 03:42 PM
I know what you mean Mo....sometimes we need to change focus. I have a 1966 Impala. My first car I ever bought when I was 20. Halfway done the resto but it has sat and tied up space in my garage for the last 10 yrs so, have to cut her loose :( it'll give Rc cash and a whole lot more space to work in.
Funny how things you swear would never part with can lose their place in life?
25 yrs I've held on, time to let go eh.

Opps, sorry bout jacking the thread. When you mentioned selling the car , I feel your pain. :)

Mario

Mitch
07-05-2013, 11:29 PM
I have had similar issues with likely the same operator. Gave the operator a second chance recently, but, same old stuff. Therefore, I deal solely with German suppliers. Takes a bit longer sometimes (Customs) but I enjoy the relationships developed from the interaction.;)

Bigrigger
07-11-2013, 01:05 AM
Not to go off on a tangent, but I've seen it both ways domestically and internationally. It's crazy! Buying is so hit-or-miss these days! I've waited weeks and had next-day shipping domestically. I've also had sellers refuse to sell to me again because I gave them poor feedback, and I've had some who wrapped my stuff in kevlar vests, and sent me free gummy bears! (From Germany... best seller ever :D) I wish there was some universal feedback page for online businesses. Then we could weed out the back sellers! Although, it may cause a gummy bear shortage! :D