PDA

View Full Version : question

NYHowie
07-10-2013, 08:26 PM
I am not sure where this one belongs but here it is.

Where do you get the shredded rubber that you use for the shows? I am looking at setting something up in my pole barn and am thinking about having a sand area and a separate rubber area. Maybe a 4 foot by 8 foot area for each. I am currently open to any and all suggestions. Thanks in advance.

Dennis

JAMMER
07-11-2013, 10:21 AM
Dennis I don't know about rubber but you can get a lot of things from a large pet care suppler. I get gravel and stone from them. Ed

ihbuilder
07-11-2013, 04:00 PM
check horse supply places to start you could get a 2000# maga sack of it (min order at most suppliers )

Supermario
07-11-2013, 06:35 PM
I think I've found something that works well.. Floor dry as we call it or absorb all. The stuff to soak up oil off the floor.

It's dry and dusty out of the bag but using a garden hose on mist nozzle position I wet it down and mixed until I got the consistency or I guess level of absorption that isn't dusty or water logged and it looks like dense material but is still light and should be easy to dig? I mixed up a batch at work the other day, hope to make a batch at home this weekend. I'm wondering how it will dump out of the trailer? Not sure if it will stick or slide? Ill let ya know when I find out :)

Mario

NYHowie
07-12-2013, 09:52 PM
Thanks all. Looking forward to hearing how it dumps Mario.

Dieselchopper
07-13-2013, 10:38 AM
The floor dry works well. Have been using it indoors with my 1/50 excavator.

NYHowie
07-15-2013, 01:10 PM
Thanks a bunch guys, speedy dry it will be. I can get it in bulk and turn it into dust. Off to the drawing board for the layout.

JAMMER
07-15-2013, 08:12 PM
There is a medium called Black Beauty they use for sandblasting that will work it comes in different grades. Ed