PDA

View Full Version : hydro pump control

rowings farms
07-12-2013, 09:00 PM
Hey guys i need help trying to figure out a way to control my hydraulic pump so it only runs on demand . I would use a servonaut bma but it only controls 4 separate servo functions and i need 6 functions . So any help would appreciated

fhhhstix
07-12-2013, 09:58 PM
You can use a battle switch and mix all of your functions to the channel that the switch is on. This is how I have my dozer and track loader setup. You can also do the same with an esc but it is a little harder to get the mixes right for the output of the esc.

Travis

rowings farms
07-13-2013, 10:56 AM
Hey travis thanks i am not sure if that will work for me since i am splitting Hydraulic functions channel 8 ways with a multi prop on a robbe f-16 radio . All of the functions are steming from the same channel so mixing with a battle switch might work.

Espeefan
07-13-2013, 11:21 AM
If you run the pump with an ESC, you can also mix the hydraulic valve channels in with the ESC channel. Then you don't need any other means of turning the pump on or off with a switch. Doing it this way you can even ramp the pump speed up, depending on how much stick input you give for the valves. Set a mixing curve so that the pump runs slower, with the tiny stick inputs, and then set the curve so at 50% valve opening or more, the pump is running at 100% speed. That's probably the slickest way to do it. When you don't need the flow, or power, the pump will consume less current, and you'll get longer run times. When you don't input any valve control at all, the mixing curve can have the pump off. In addition to that, you can also assign an on/off toggle switch to the pump ESC, which can over ride the mixing curve altogether.

rowings farms
07-15-2013, 08:39 PM
You can use a battle switch and mix all of your functions to the channel that the switch is on. This is how I have my dozer 1and track loader setup. You can also do the same with an esc but it is a lit harder to get the mixes right for the output of the esc.

Travis

travis what kind of radio are you running.

fhhhstix
07-15-2013, 09:02 PM
I use all Spectrum a DX6, DX7, DX8, and a DX10. All you will need is one open channel for the battle switch or esc which ever you want to use and mix your other channels to that. I think for what you are doing the battle switch will work fine.

Travis

rowings farms
07-15-2013, 09:50 PM
i dont know if my mixer are not detailed enough but how do i make the battleswitch off when center stick and turn on when stick off center both ways.

apfubar
07-15-2013, 11:24 PM
I suggest starting simple, make sure you can switch the pump on and off with the battle switch or similar.

Then start working with a mix, for one channel, then add the others on top.

You may need to mix in a +ve value for one side, and a -ve value for another, to get the switch to trigger.

Someone whom is familiar with the F16 should be able help out a lot more.

Cheers,
AP.

rowings farms
07-16-2013, 06:55 PM
i am starting to think that the mixers on this radio are too simple for what i am trying to do. i can mix the steering input with the hydro pump to turn on one direction but not the other. so steer left pump on , steer right no pump

Espeefan
07-17-2013, 12:01 PM
What kind of radio do you have?

rowings farms
07-18-2013, 10:50 AM
Robbe fc-16 tray radio