PDA

View Full Version : something thicker then coolent

cosworth34677
07-31-2013, 08:11 PM
well heres the problem. i want to use something little thicker then coolent in my little bruder converted excavator. the first thought is oil. but oil will eat up the seals in the pump and valves so im looking for something else. i need something with alot of lubeness(not a real word) im running the pump at a higher voltage then mangom hrc says to 11.1 not the 7.4v. so want to be sure its getting a good lubing.

also one of the clients we have at my work is a cat repair shop and he was saying i would get little more power out of the pump if use a thicker fuild. i don't know how true that is but always looking something other then toxic coolent in my toys.

so any ideas? please reply

speedy8305
07-31-2013, 08:27 PM
how about some transmissioin fluid?

woodhog
07-31-2013, 08:49 PM
How bout baby oil,non toxic and shouldn't hurt the seals and lubricity;)

RCP57
07-31-2013, 09:01 PM
Doesn't that pump run without a relief valve? You may find that you burn out the motor if the pump can't "slip" enough...Just a thought:confused:

cosworth34677
07-31-2013, 09:50 PM
Doesn't that pump run without a relief valve? You may find that you burn out the motor if the pump can't "slip" enough...Just a thought:confused:

well its mixed with the sticks so its not always running. only when the sticks are moved. i did email the hrc and they said that one of the things tey are trying to make. but if you look on the youtube page seem like they are makinf other stuff

Supermario
07-31-2013, 10:14 PM
Turning the pump faster and using a thicker oil may not give the results your looking for. I'm no expert with the micro systems but I think faster pump speed and thicker oil = cavitation and faster wear on pump gear shafts.
Correct me if I'm wrong but , im pretty sure the pump has no bearings or bushings to handle higher speeds?
Kinda like using a grinding disc rated at 5,000 rpm and using it at 15,000 rpm???:eek:

Mario

cosworth34677
07-31-2013, 10:25 PM
Turning the pump faster and using a thicker oil may not give the results your looking for. I'm no expert with the micro systems but I think faster pump speed and thicker oil = cavitation and faster wear on pump gear shafts.
Correct me if I'm wrong but , im pretty sure the pump has no bearings or bushings to handle higher speeds?
Kinda like using a grinding disc rated at 5,000 rpm and using it at 15,000 rpm???:eek:

Mario

well i been running it at a little higher speed not turned all the way up. i got the pump on it own channel, and that channel has a dial so i turn it up or down.

i did notice that if you run it at full speed it will not get full power but just spin super fast. the 11.1 is more for run time and all the servo's that in the thing, then pump power. it would eat through a 7.4v 2s lipo in like 10-15 min, but run a 30-1hr on one 11.1 lipo 1hr-1hr54 min with two 11.1 lipos running in parallel . and that way longer then it take for me to get bored lol

cosworth34677
08-15-2013, 06:13 PM
ya the babby oil worked but heated up the pump really fast. so back to coolent, im going to use straight coolant non mixed

tracksntreadslou
08-15-2013, 07:09 PM
Hey cos ..I have been running Jack oil with my machines without A problem in my leimbach pumps ..wont eat away at the seals ..You try turning the endpoint down on the pump mix?..Have you noticed any difference on the performance with the oil?

cosworth34677
08-15-2013, 07:32 PM
Hey cos ..I have been running Jack oil with my machines without A problem in my leimbach pumps ..wont eat away at the seals ..You try turning the endpoint down on the pump mix?..Have you noticed any difference on the performance with the oil?

well it was little strong had little more crack the dry dirt clod power. but it also got hot really fast. the pumps is on its way out anyway thats why im not so worrierrd about killing it. i got to run the 11 .1 to get power out of it to do anything. i don't think that's a qulity thing as much as i rebuilt that pump a few times, totally my fault . so im going to get a new one but have bank problems.

while i thinking of it is there a good CHEAP pump? i can't really aford the 350-400 $ pumps that why i went with hrc stuff to start with . i would like to have a 540 motor instaed of the little 360/380 one hrc uses.